tag
pizza1
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: No bonus category points for me

@Anonymous wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

First world problem:

I picked up a virtual cart full of items at Nordstrom Rack, which is listed by Chase as a “department store” for Freedom quarter 4 2017 bonus category.

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/merchants

I did not receive any bonus points for my purchase. Thinking it must be an oversight or glitch, I sent a secure message. Chase told me my transaction wasn’t eligible. I replied back that Nordstrom Rack is expressly listed, so my purchase should be eligible – attaching the email order confirmation. Chase still refuses to award bonus points for my purchase.

I understand that sometimes a transaction will code differently than I expect, so it may not fit into a bonus category. Amex is extremely narrow in its treatment of grocery stores. I also know one needs to read the fine print to make note of any exclusions listed. But come on, Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack is listed in multiple locations on their website as department stores.

Rant over.

How does it show on your account as being coded?  Don’t give up yet.  I had an unrelated issue with Chase where they wouldn’t credit the $300 travel credit on the Ritz card for the purchase of a United’s lounge year membership.  Even though it was specifically listed as one of the eligible items to be reimbursed, the first two people that I dealt with via SM stated that it wasn’t eligible (and even listed it as one of the items to be reimbursed in their reply).  Finally got someone with half a brain on the 3rd attempt and they reimbursed the purchase.  If the transaction was coded properly I would keep on trying.

@Anonymous, see thats just too much work for me to have to do to get rewards. Im an instant gratification type person, and if the rewards werent there, and I had to beg twice, I can guarantee Im not wasting my time on a third try. Though my third SM to them might have been I was returning the purchase, and buying it back with another card whom would make good on the rewards as stated, LOL..Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 14
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@sunkissed wrote:

First world problem:

I picked up a virtual cart full of items at Nordstrom Rack, which is listed by Chase as a “department store” for Freedom quarter 4 2017 bonus category.

https://creditcards.chase.com/freedom/merchants

I did not receive any bonus points for my purchase. Thinking it must be an oversight or glitch, I sent a secure message. Chase told me my transaction wasn’t eligible. I replied back that Nordstrom Rack is expressly listed, so my purchase should be eligible – attaching the email order confirmation. Chase still refuses to award bonus points for my purchase.

I understand that sometimes a transaction will code differently than I expect, so it may not fit into a bonus category. Amex is extremely narrow in its treatment of grocery stores. I also know one needs to read the fine print to make note of any exclusions listed. But come on, Nordstrom and Nordstrom Rack is listed in multiple locations on their website as department stores.

Rant over.

How does it show on your account as being coded?  Don’t give up yet.  I had an unrelated issue with Chase where they wouldn’t credit the $300 travel credit on the Ritz card for the purchase of a United’s lounge year membership.  Even though it was specifically listed as one of the eligible items to be reimbursed, the first two people that I dealt with via SM stated that it wasn’t eligible (and even listed it as one of the items to be reimbursed in their reply).  Finally got someone with half a brain on the 3rd attempt and they reimbursed the purchase.  If the transaction was coded properly I would keep on trying.

Transaction shows as: HAUTLK RACK8885478438

Which I thought could be part of the problem, so I did include my order confirmation also.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Meanmchine wrote:

Goodby Chase, Hello Amex

My Amex purchase at Nordstrom (not the rack) didn't get registered as a Department store bonus either.  

Message 13 of 14
sunkissed
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Meanmchine wrote:

Goodby Chase, Hello Amex

My Amex purchase at Nordstrom (not the rack) didn't get registered as a Department store bonus either.  

That's unacceptable! Amex has disappointed me a few times too. And it takes forever to verify because they're so slow to post point/cashback.

NFCU Flagship $32K | NFCU Cashrewards $42K | Discover IT $39K | SECU Visa $20K | Chase SW $24k | CSR $15K | Chase Bonvoy $11.5K | Chase Freedom $11.5K | Chase Amazon Visa 8.5K | AMEX Bonvoy $18.1K | AMEX Hilton Surpass $15K | AMEX Hilton Aspire $24.4K | AMEX Gold | Aviator Red $16K | Uber Visa 10k | Citi TY Premier $24.6K | BoA Premium Rewards 35k | BoA Cash Rewards Visa $31.5k | BoA Cash Rewards MC $23k | US Bank Cash+ $10k | USAA AMEX $6K | Cap1QS $11K | BJs MC $27.6K | Walmart MC $5.1K | Loft MC $25,000 | Macy’s Store/Amex $20K/$1K | BR Visa $10K | JCP $1K | VS $3.2K | Home Depot $5K | Lowes $8.5K | Target $14.5k
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.