Established Contributor
JonStur

Re: No card in the mail today

Omaplatypus wrote:

Kinda funny.  Some folk have an addicition to spending above and beyond what they can afford to repay.  We FicoPsychos on the other hand get our highs on collecting vast amounts of revolving credit only to use 10% of it... Say no to drugs but yes to CLIs :smileyhappy:

The high of the daily dash to the mailbox...the anticipation of twisting the envelopes to see if one doesn't bend...the sweat forming on the bridge of one's nose as the furious ripping of the envelope ensues...the immediate rush of gazing at the still stuck card and quickly forcing yourself to read the disclosures...the trembling hands holding the shiny piece of plastic which seems to illuminate as the light coyly bounces off your name..can you see it..can you smell it...is this really all mine...Aaahhhh...(eyes rolling in the back of head, slight froth forming in corner of mouth)....

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
chulu

I'm in the same sitaution as the OP, I applied saturday and was approved. I really want to use it for my next fillup, I am right below a 1/4 a tank, and the $0.15 discount would put gas under $3. 

You can access you account online if you have access to your experian credit report, mine reported next day, it only gives you the first 12 digits but if you logon to your walmart account you can see the last four. 

Frequent Contributor
somnipotent

JonStur wrote:

Omaplatypus wrote:

Kinda funny.  Some folk have an addicition to spending above and beyond what they can afford to repay.  We FicoPsychos on the other hand get our highs on collecting vast amounts of revolving credit only to use 10% of it... Say no to drugs but yes to CLIs :smileyhappy:

The high of the daily dash to the mailbox...the anticipation of twisting the envelopes to see if one doesn't bend...the sweat forming on the bridge of one's nose as the furious ripping of the envelope ensues...the immediate rush of gazing at the still stuck card and quickly forcing yourself to read the disclosures...the trembling hands holding the shiny piece of plastic which seems to illuminate as the light coyly bounces off your name..can you see it..can you smell it...is this really all mine...Aaahhhh...(eyes rolling in the back of head, slight froth forming in corner of mouth)....

Then calling the 800 number to activate it, blah blah blah, yeah yeah yeah, no I dont' want the insurance, yes I already have credit monitoring, just activate it already... and then peeling that sticker off the front making sure it leaves no residue.  Then slowly admiring it's glory as you slide it so gently inside your wallet.   Oh, so sensual.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Established Contributor
JonStur

Omaplatypus wrote:

JonStur wrote:

Omaplatypus wrote:

Then calling the 800 number to activate it, blah blah blah, yeah yeah yeah, no I dont' want the insurance, yes I already have credit monitoring, just activate it already... and then peeling that sticker off the front making sure it leaves no residue.  Then slowly admiring it's glory as you slide it so gently inside your wallet.   Oh, so sensual.

That's it, it's spree time...Aspire Visa and Continental Finance MasterCard here I come!!!!!

Starting Score: TU 686 EX 641 EQ 690
Current Score: TU 779 EX 767 EQ 740
Goal Score: 800 Club

BCE $12.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Wally Discover 10K, Cash+ $9K Sam's Discover 10K, Freedom $6K, Zales $5.5K, More $5K, Cap one $5K, Barclay 2.5K, Household Plat $1.5K, Household Gold $1.5K, Credit One $1K, First Premier Plat $.675K First Premier Gold $.65K
Valued Contributor
injustifiiable

JonStur wrote:

Omaplatypus wrote:

JonStur wrote:

Omaplatypus wrote:

That's it, it's spree time...Aspire Visa and Continental Finance MasterCard here I come!!!!!

LOL.... Dead.

Also, a $10,500 CapitalOne card? I just about creamed.

Scores 6/17/2014: TU FICO: 643 | EQ FICO: 675 | EX AMEX FICO: 666

In my new wallet: American Express Premier Rewards Gold EMV: NPSL | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | BarclayCard Rewards Average: $2000 | Travelocity Rewards AMEX: $1050 | Discover IT: $1500 | Amazon Rewards Visa: $1500 | Sportsman's Guide Visa: $3000 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $1250 | Target: $400 | J.Crew $5950
Valued Contributor
creditnocash

i got emails for a new walmart and best buy card 2+ weeks ago and still nothing. 

oh wells. 

even though i check everyday. 

Current: Discover Fico 701 10/14 Walmart Fico 689 9/14

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 3 TU 0 EX 0 | Most Recent: 09/26/2014

2014 Goals:
Lower Utility
47%(OUCH!!)
Freedom Signature

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$2900
Citi Diamond Preferred$6000
Citizens Mastercard$7000
Established Contributor
S7

Oh my! I did not know this!! Thank you!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Regular Contributor
alboto

WOOHOO!!!! finally got the BCP, Im so happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Established Contributor
S7

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Frequent Contributor
somnipotent

CHASE Freedom came in the mail today... whoppie!!!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}