Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No card in the mail today

tag
JonStur
Established Contributor

Re: No card in the mail today

@Omaplatypus wrote:

Kinda funny.  Some folk have an addicition to spending above and beyond what they can afford to repay.  We FicoPsychos on the other hand get our highs on collecting vast amounts of revolving credit only to use 10% of it... Say no to drugs but yes to CLIs Smiley Happy

The high of the daily dash to the mailbox...the anticipation of twisting the envelopes to see if one doesn't bend...the sweat forming on the bridge of one's nose as the furious ripping of the envelope ensues...the immediate rush of gazing at the still stuck card and quickly forcing yourself to read the disclosures...the trembling hands holding the shiny piece of plastic which seems to illuminate as the light coyly bounces off your name..can you see it..can you smell it...is this really all mine...Aaahhhh...(eyes rolling in the back of head, slight froth forming in corner of mouth)....

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 21 of 74
Anonymous
Not applicable

I'm in the same sitaution as the OP, I applied saturday and was approved. I really want to use it for my next fillup, I am right below a 1/4 a tank, and the $0.15 discount would put gas under $3. 

You can access you account online if you have access to your experian credit report, mine reported next day, it only gives you the first 12 digits but if you logon to your walmart account you can see the last four. 

Message 22 of 74
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

@Omaplatypus wrote:

Kinda funny.  Some folk have an addicition to spending above and beyond what they can afford to repay.  We FicoPsychos on the other hand get our highs on collecting vast amounts of revolving credit only to use 10% of it... Say no to drugs but yes to CLIs Smiley Happy

The high of the daily dash to the mailbox...the anticipation of twisting the envelopes to see if one doesn't bend...the sweat forming on the bridge of one's nose as the furious ripping of the envelope ensues...the immediate rush of gazing at the still stuck card and quickly forcing yourself to read the disclosures...the trembling hands holding the shiny piece of plastic which seems to illuminate as the light coyly bounces off your name..can you see it..can you smell it...is this really all mine...Aaahhhh...(eyes rolling in the back of head, slight froth forming in corner of mouth)....

Then calling the 800 number to activate it, blah blah blah, yeah yeah yeah, no I dont' want the insurance, yes I already have credit monitoring, just activate it already... and then peeling that sticker off the front making sure it leaves no residue.  Then slowly admiring it's glory as you slide it so gently inside your wallet.   Oh, so sensual.

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 23 of 74
JonStur
Established Contributor

@Omaplatypus wrote:

@JonStur wrote:

@Omaplatypus wrote:

Then calling the 800 number to activate it, blah blah blah, yeah yeah yeah, no I dont' want the insurance, yes I already have credit monitoring, just activate it already... and then peeling that sticker off the front making sure it leaves no residue.  Then slowly admiring it's glory as you slide it so gently inside your wallet.   Oh, so sensual.

That's it, it's spree time...Aspire Visa and Continental Finance MasterCard here I come!!!!!

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 24 of 74
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@JonStur wrote:

@Omaplatypus wrote:

@JonStur wrote:

@Omaplatypus wrote:

That's it, it's spree time...Aspire Visa and Continental Finance MasterCard here I come!!!!!

LOL.... Dead.

Also, a $10,500 CapitalOne card? I just about creamed.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 25 of 74
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

i got emails for a new walmart and best buy card 2+ weeks ago and still nothing. 

oh wells. 

even though i check everyday. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 26 of 74
S7
Established Contributor

Oh my! I did not know this!! Thank you!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 27 of 74
alboto
Regular Contributor

WOOHOO!!!! finally got the BCP, Im so happy!!!!!!!!!!!

Message 28 of 74
S7
Established Contributor

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 29 of 74
somnipotent
Frequent Contributor

CHASE Freedom came in the mail today... whoppie!!!

AmEx PRG (NPSL) | AmEx Costco ($8.2K) | AmEx Delta Gold ($19.3K) | AmEx BCE ($5K) | Chase United Explorer ($10K) | Chase Sapphire Preferred ($7.5K) | Chase Freedom ($8.2K) | Discover it ($3K) | Capital One Quicksilver ($2.5K) | PayPal Extras ($2.5K) | Lowes ($3.3K) | Walmart ($4.3K) | Amazon ($2.5K) | Restoration Hardware ($8.8K) | Crate & Barrel ($8.3K)
--
Homeowner since 05/29/13
Message 30 of 74
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.