Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No credit card or denial. Over 30 days

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No credit card or denial. Over 30 days

I'm just wondering if a creditor can get into trouble because. It has been over 30 days and never received a card or a letter of denial. I thought by law they had to send you something within the thirty days after you applied and they pulled credit history. 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
zarteycranford
Regular Contributor

Re: No credit card or denial. Over 30 days

Your question is very vague but I will do my best. Sometimes inq is pulled days or even a week after initial app.  So you need to know exactly when it is reported and corelate the date  the inq was actualy pulled. Also if you opted to receive decision electronicly and it was an instant denial such as with Synchrony. Then you would only receive decision once. They say something to the effect of YOUR APPLICATION WAS DENIED THIS IS THE ONLY INFO THAT WILL BE PROVIDED TO YOU. IF YOU WANT REASONS FOR DENIAL CALL OR WRITE US etc etc etc. But as for your questin in all basic Timelines for contacting you then yes they have violated guidelines for contacting you in a timely manner. But like I always say excuses are like *** ***** every one has got one. So I am sure under some sub law or other reason they cannot get in trouble. I would contact them and ask why info wasn't received.

Message 2 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

Call the creditor to determine what's going on with your app.

Message 3 of 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

It could exist, but I am not aware of any such law requiring a decision on a credit app within 30 days.

It is certainly not a provision of the FCRA.

Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

blame the mailman. Smiley LOL

Message 5 of 13
LexieCat
Regular Contributor

Even if it is a "requirement" somewhere, no lender is going to "get into trouble" unless that is routinely their practice.  A single slip-up or glitch isn't going to get a lender "in trouble."  Have you ASKED about the result of your application?

Chase Sapphire Preferred $32k; CapitalOne Venture $30k; Chase Slate $30k; Barclaycard Arrival Plus $25k; Wells Fargo Visa $25k; Amex EveryDay $25k; Barclaycard Ring $15.5k; Lowes $10k; Barclaycard Apple Financing $9.5k; Best Buy $7k; Chase Amazon Rewards Visa $6.5k; misc. store cards

EQ 822; TU 820; EX 819
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I'm just wondering if a creditor can get into trouble because. It has been over 30 days and never received a card or a letter of denial. I thought by law they had to send you something within the thirty days after you applied and they pulled credit history. 

Diner's Club? Smiley Wink

Message 7 of 13
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nah, not really.  I got my declined letter (address verification) in roughly 25 days from 9/28!  A moot point of course since the 1st card was approved on 10/17.  So, they complied Smiley Tongue

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Nah, not really.  I got my declined letter (address verification) in roughly 25 days from 9/28!  A moot point of course since the 1st card was approved on 10/17.  So, they complied Smiley Tongue

Ah, I see.

Message 9 of 13
GFer
Valued Contributor

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.