cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No credit score or pull info given with apps?

tag
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Re: No credit score or pull info given with apps?

Right. If there are only one set of terms for your card, you will not receive a score. (I think Marriott has one interest rate, correct?) Also, I'm sure you got the best APR for Freedom s_haliz.

So in conclusion: if one set of terms then no score. If best terms approved, no score. Smiley Happy
Message 11 of 17
H14
Contributor

Edit: Didn't read all the replies

Message 12 of 17
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@H14 wrote:

It's normal for me, I've only gotten one score in the letters of all the cards I applied for. I believe it's most common to get the score on denial. 

See my post above. You only get a score if you don't get approved for the most favorable terms or denial.

Message 13 of 17
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
Right. If there are only one set of terms for your card, you will not receive a score. (I think Marriott has one interest rate, correct?) Also, I'm sure you got the best APR for Freedom s_haliz.

So in conclusion: if one set of terms then no score. If best terms approved, no score. Smiley Happy

Thank you. Agreed with your conclusion.....But still not sure as to what benefit Chase may have by hiding this from consumer?? I mean Capital One did give me back in April even when I was qualified for their best rate. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 14 of 17
MT936
Established Contributor

@-Wade- wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

@MT936 wrote:

@coldnmn wrote:

They don't give scores if you get the best APR rates.

ah i see... thanks for the quick reply cold. Not sure why on the prg though because there is no interest

No more then best rate so no score.

I will say this...........Discover gave me my score with the best APR. That was before they started the free Fico score

same with me I got my score from discover when I got approved for the discover it before they started giving monthly fico scores

Amex Blue Cash Everyday: $25,000 | Navy FCU Cash Rewards: $25,000 | Discover It: $20,500
Chase Freedom: $12,500 | Citi Double Cash: $10,000 | Bank of America Cash Rewards: $8,000

Message 15 of 17
s_haliz
Valued Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@H14 wrote:

It's normal for me, I've only gotten one score in the letters of all the cards I applied for. I believe it's most common to get the score on denial. 

See my post above. You only get a score if you don't get approved for the most favorable terms or denial.

Now that is going by the "law"....Or we could called by the book? The law is pretty clear, when consumer don't get favorable terms or denial then company must provide score. 

TU FICO 850 | EQ FICO 850 I EX FICO 850
Message 16 of 17
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

I believe that if the institution gave you a score with the best terms that's probably just their M-O. They'd rather give everyone the score instead of having to worry about only sending scores for people with less favorable rates. As in they're just making sure that no matter what they'll always be compliant with the law.
Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.