cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No credit, what is the easiest credit card to get??

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No credit, what is the easiest credit card to get??

Hello everyone,

I am 18 about to be 19 and new to credit, i have no credit history whatsoever. I need help figuring out what is the easiest credit card to get with no history. I am currently a student at a university and dont have a job and have a savings account with bank of america. My parents have bad credit so i dont know what to do. I need advice as to what kind of credit card i should be going for in my situation and what should be the easiest to abtain. Any other advice is also welcomed!

Thanks!

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No credit, what is the easiest credit card to get??

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

I am 18 about to be 19 and new to credit, i have no credit history whatsoever. I need help figuring out what is the easiest credit card to get with no history. I am currently a student at a university and dont have a job and have a savings account with bank of america. My parents have bad credit so i dont know what to do. I need advice as to what kind of credit card i should be going for in my situation and what should be the easiest to abtain. Any other advice is also welcomed!

Thanks!

If you have $200 available, try a secured card.  Or maybe try a no frills Bank Of America unsecured card.

Message 2 of 12
OmarGB9
Community Leader
Super Contributor

I'd also suggest getting a part time job so if a CCC asks for income verification, you can provide it.

As far as a good credit card, maybe a cap1 quicksilver?

Last App: 1/10/2023
Penfed Gold Visa Card

Currently rebuilding as of 04/11/2019.

Starting FICO 8 Scores:

Current FICO 8 scores:

Message 3 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey thanks for the responses, i am guessing your talking about the capitol one secured card when you say $200? And isnt it harder to get approved for a no frills Bank of america card?

Thanks

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello everyone,

Thanks!

I'm sorry but if you have no job or other source of income and no credit you won't be able to obtain a credit card.  You need to find employment and then look for a secured credit card to establish some credit.

Message 5 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

If you don't have a job, how were you planning to pay the bill?   I would start with a job first and then a secured card and then after 6 months check the pre-qual for Cap1.  

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey, thanks for your input. Would a part time job be enough to get the cap1 secured? My current school situation dosent allow me to work full time.

Thanks

Message 7 of 12
icyhot
Valued Contributor

I didn't have a job or credit history and I was approved for the Citi Forward in 2011. I put a random number (6000) as income and was approved for $2500. My mom paid the bill so I'm assuming that's the route you would go. Since you're in college you can put any extra money you get from scholarships or financial aid. Since the Forward isn't available, try the Citi Thank You preferred for students. There's also the BofA cash for students, capital one journey, and I believe Discover has a student card as well. These are designed for students as they don't expect you to have a lot of income or credit history
Ch 7 BK discharged 12/2018
Bank Cards: NFCU Flagship Rewards $25K | NFCU Cash Rewards $20K |NFCU More Rewards Amex $17K | PenFed Power Cash $12.5K | PenFed Platinum Rewards $12.5K | PenFed Pathfinder Rewards $10K | PenFed Gold Card $7.5K | PayPal Cashback Mastercard $5K | Apple Card $3.5K
Store Cards: Bergdorf Goodman $10.5K | Neiman Marcus $7.5K | Care Credit $7K |
Scores: EX 656 | EQ 667 | TU 680

Goal Card: Amex Platinum (Amex IIB, waiting for 5 year mark)
Message 8 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

They didnt check for proof of income? did you list your mom as a cosigner on your citi card or does that company not do that? 

Message 9 of 12
Anonymous
Not applicable

@icyhot wrote:
I didn't have a job or credit history and I was approved for the Citi Forward in 2011. I put a random number (6000) as income and was approved for $2500. My mom paid the bill so I'm assuming that's the route you would go. Since you're in college you can put any extra money you get from scholarships or financial aid. Since the Forward isn't available, try the Citi Thank You preferred for students. There's also the BofA cash for students, capital one journey, and I believe Discover has a student card as well. These are designed for students as they don't expect you to have a lot of income or credit history

Well if you just made up income on the application you technically lied on the application.  Not something we suggest here.   

Message 10 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.