tag
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Re: For frugal travelers - no FTF and no annual fee cards

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Surprised no one has mentioned the Capital One Spark card.  2% cash back.  $500 initial bonus.  My favorite card for any traveling.  Yeah it has an annual fee of $59 after the first year, but I've been able to get this waived.

Sorry I only included the cards with no annual fee and no FTF. I understand that there are a lot of cards with zero first year AF and others with AF easily waived by calling in. 

In addition, CapOne Spark is a business card. I intend to keep this in the "personal level."

@creditfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Surprised no one has mentioned the Capital One Spark card.  2% cash back.  $500 initial bonus.  My favorite card for any traveling.  Yeah it has an annual fee of $59 after the first year, but I've been able to get this waived.

there are few others 2% card no AF no FTF.

penfed and Alliant credit union

The Penfed one was added. I believe that the Alliance CU VS card has AF after first year so I did not include it.

understand.  While its a business card anyone can get one, and it reports like a personal card.

Actually, not anyone can get a business card.  You have to have a business.  Business cards have different underwriting requirements from personal cards.  If you don't have a business, but tell the bank that you do, you're misrepresenting yourself on your credit card application.

This is spot-on.

Also just a friendly reminder that's it's a TOS violation of this forum to advocate or discuss falsifying information on a credit app.  I'm not saying anybody has done that in this thread, but I would encourage everyone to be mindful going forward.

--UB

Message 41 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

@UncleB wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Sorry I only included the cards with no annual fee and no FTF. I understand that there are a lot of cards with zero first year AF and others with AF easily waived by calling in. 

In addition, CapOne Spark is a business card. I intend to keep this in the "personal level."

@creditfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

The Penfed one was added. I believe that the Alliance CU VS card has AF after first year so I did not include it.

understand.  While its a business card anyone can get one, and it reports like a personal card.

Actually, not anyone can get a business card.  You have to have a business.  Business cards have different underwriting requirements from personal cards.  If you don't have a business, but tell the bank that you do, you're misrepresenting yourself on your credit card application.

This is spot-on.

Also just a friendly reminder that's it's a TOS violation of this forum to advocate or discuss falsifying information on a credit app.  I'm not saying anybody has done that in this thread, but I would encourage everyone to be mindful going forward.

--UB

I hvae a business, a legit one that does a lot of revenue, however I know people have no problem getting this card without one (i.e. in the churning community).   Certainly not advocating falsifying anything.

Message 42 of 47
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@Anonymous wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

@UpperNwGuy wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@csryang wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@creditfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

This is spot-on.

--UB

I hvae a business, a legit one that does a lot of revenue, however I know people have no problem getting this card without one (i.e. in the churning community).   Certainly not advocating falsifying anything.

In that case the card would be appropriate for you.  As for what others do, if it involves misrepresentation (i.e. claiming they have a business they don't have) it can't be advocated or discussed here. 

We need to get this thread back on-topic.  If you have further questions about this feel free to send me a PM.

Message 43 of 47
creditfan
Established Contributor

@creditfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

http://www.alliantcreditunion.org/bank/visa-platinum-rewards-card

edit

sorry my bad 

alliant CU 2% card has 1% FTF

Message 44 of 47
csryang
Frequent Contributor

@creditfan wrote:

@creditfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

edit

sorry my bad 

No problem. yeah I was just about to add that the Alliant visa platinum rewards card has 1% FTF but no AF. I also confirmed this with their agent. 

Message 45 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

ah, looks like a pretty good card too, but yeah no bueno for international use.

@csryang wrote:

@creditfan wrote:

@creditfan wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

edit

sorry my bad 

No problem. yeah I was just about to add that the Alliant visa platinum rewards card has 1% FTF but no AF. I also confirmed this with their agent. 

Message 46 of 47
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No foreign transaction and no annual fee cards

Also a reminder, business cards are for business use ONLY. Meaning using a business card to get extra cash back for personal expenses is also against the TOS. So those who use the Ink card to pay for the cable bill when cable isn't remotely part of your business means you are putting on a personal expense to your business card. It does get more grey area when talking about internet, cell phone, and other products that a business needs that you also use for personal use. In that case, check the TOS to make sure that you are following it.
Also, business cards do not have as much protection as a personal card has, because of the law. Just something to keep in mind for those deciding if that extra 1% is worth apping for over a personal card.
Message 47 of 47
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.