cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No friends or family have Amex to add me as Auth User. Any work arounds?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No friends or family have Amex to add me as Auth User. Any work arounds?

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

I think he just wants to establish a MSD, I could be wrong though but that's what I gathered from reading the OP

OK I think I understand.

I thought I read somewhere they once your AU had a backdate, you could call CS and ask for them to apply that date to your new card.

I guess I had read wrong. TY all!

You are not wrong, that was my post an it is possible to copy an AU's MSD to your MSD. I did this with a AU's store branded card, so you can add your friend with the USAA co-branded AMEX, and once the AU gains the backdating to match the USAA card, request the AU AMEX date be transferred to you.

Try it over live chat first.

Reference thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-Backdating-primary-holder-through-AU-with-DSNB-store/m-p/3839710

Your scenario is the opposite of what the OP is asking about. You added an AU who had already been a previous cardholder, and got them to change the date to her original date. The OP is asking about being added as an AU with no previous Amex history, and than inheriting the date of the primary to which they've been added.

Message 11 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Concurred with everyone about OP's question on acquiring an earlier MSD via AU.  It's improbable, not impossible.

I had to fight tooth and nail to get mine set to '99 because I had no records and they couldn't find any on me immediately.... then when I added my sister as AU, it must've taken her months of calling, chat, and twitter to get my MSD.

I say use all avenues of contact just don't abuse it and don't force it on them.  You don't want them getting annoyed to a point that they'll auto-deny your request.

Message 12 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ksantangelo23 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ojefferyo wrote:

I think he just wants to establish a MSD, I could be wrong though but that's what I gathered from reading the OP

OK I think I understand.

I thought I read somewhere they once your AU had a backdate, you could call CS and ask for them to apply that date to your new card.

I guess I had read wrong. TY all!

You are not wrong, that was my post an it is possible to copy an AU's MSD to your MSD. I did this with a AU's store branded card, so you can add your friend with the USAA co-branded AMEX, and once the AU gains the backdating to match the USAA card, request the AU AMEX date be transferred to you.

Try it over live chat first.

Reference thread: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/AMEX-Backdating-primary-holder-through-AU-with-DSNB-store/m-p/3839710

Ok read all the posts TY.  Even if I hassled Amex .. my best friend says his USAA Amex will only let him as other USAA members as an AU
and I don't have any way to join USAA.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.