Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No go on BoA recon

tag
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

No go on BoA recon

Yesterday, I received my letter from BoA informing my of why I was declined for the Cash Back Visa card. No surprises really... delinquent credit obligation, either paid or unpaid. After looking at my EX report, I noticed that the CA that was sitting on my report had just dropped off a couple of days before I applied. So, I was left with four COs and no collections. I figured what the heck... I already took the hit from the inq, I might as well attempt a recon. Unfortunately, there was no success on that, so I'll just sit tight for another year and wait for the COs to drop off; two should be gone by the end of this year and the other two by late next year.

On the bright side (and I'll take whatever silver lining I can get)... I did get to find out my EX FICO. It's 697, and I'm really happy about that. That leaves me very close to crossing the 700 boundary on one of the CRAs. Smiley Happy

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No go on BoA recon

@tinuviel wrote:

Yesterday, I received my letter from BoA informing my of why I was declined for the Cash Back Visa card. No surprises really... delinquent credit obligation, either paid or unpaid. After looking at my EX report, I noticed that the CA that was sitting on my report had just dropped off a couple of days before I applied. So, I was left with four COs and no collections. I figured what the heck... I already took the hit from the inq, I might as well attempt a recon. Unfortunately, there was no success on that, so I'll just sit tight for another year and wait for the COs to drop off; two should be gone by the end of this year and the other two by late next year.

On the bright side (and I'll take whatever silver lining I can get)... I did get to find out my EX FICO. It's 697, and I'm really happy about that. That leaves me very close to crossing the 700 boundary on one of the CRAs. Smiley Happy Good Take

Message 2 of 3
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: No go on BoA recon

So close Tinu ..so close.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.