cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

tag
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

Just tried to do product change on old Wamu card. Rep said WAMU cards are never going to be eligible for a product change. Maybe just the rep I got. Should I try again?
Message 1 of 66
65 REPLIES 65
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

Did you receive your new Chase card yet or is it still a wamu card changing to chase?

I would wait until they send you the freedom card or platinum card, whatever they are sending for wamu cards, then try to product change. 

Message 2 of 66
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

They're not sending new cards for my platinum until current card expires. Chase rep pulled up my account and saw that it was formerly Wamu, so it wasn't eligible for product change
Message 3 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if you ask for a replacement card, if you'll get a chase card
Message 4 of 66
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

I've heard of others getting no's and not elgibles. Then they called back and got it changed. I may call back to see what happens.
Message 5 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Actually, someone in another thread here mentioned having his Wamu Plat changed to Freedom Reward this morning
Message 6 of 66
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Actually, someone in another thread here mentioned having his Wamu Plat changed to Freedom Reward this morning

I saw that, his was a M/C. Mine is a Visa. Makes a difference?

Anyway, they are not going to let me switch. Only way to get Freedom is to apply for a new card.Smiley Sad

Message 7 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just tried also first to combine my wamu and wamu/providian card and was told no.  Then I asked to do a product change and was told no also.  They stated it was too early call back in 60 days.  Whatever...  My apr. stayed the same after the change to Chase, tiny bit higher on the wamu card. 

It is like you are apart of our family but sit at the other end of the table.

Message 8 of 66
TangMeister
Frequent Contributor

Quite a few are combining their ex-WaMu and Chase cards and others are converting standard Chase Platinum MCs to Freedom Cards, etc...  It's very much a YMMV with the CSRs at the moment.  Check out other sites online for more info...especially a certain Credit Matters blogger.  Smiley Happy
Message 9 of 66
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

I was approved.   No problem at all.
Message 10 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.