cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

tag
mphan
Contributor

Re: No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

@geronimo2008 wrote:
I was approved.   No problem at all.

with hard pull or soft?

Thanks!

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 11 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was told I could change to the home improvement card or had my choice a a couple other reward cards...soft pulls. I got a no to the freedom card. For that one they said I'd have to app and that'll be a hard pull.

Message 12 of 66
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Oh well, I guess its just my account. Another rep stated that my account isn't elgible for any type of product change. I am getting a letter sent out with the reasons though, so I should find out in 5-7 business days. lol.
Message 13 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@geronimo2008 wrote:
I was approved.   No problem at all.

What card did you have and what card were you approved for?
Message 14 of 66
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

They told me no pull. Last time I combined accounts it was with NFCU and no pull then either. I also did it with two other chase cards and saw no pull----that was 3-4 years ago. BTW this timea WAMU Visa was combined with a Flexible rewaeds Chase VISA. On the prior occasion two Cash rewards cards were combined.
Message Edited by geronimo2008 on 03-10-2009 05:59 PM
Message 15 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@geronimo2008 wrote:
They told me no pull. Last time I combined accounts it was with NFCU and no pull then either. I also did it with two other chase cards and saw no pull----that was 3-4 years ago. BTW this timea WAMU Visa was combined with a Flexible rewaeds Chase VISA. On the prior occasion two Cash rewards cards were combined.
Message Edited by geronimo2008 on 03-10-2009 05:59 PM

Just want to get some clarity because the above sounds like something completely opposite of what at least I was thinking.  To me a product change is I have a card and I request a different card type via the same card issuer.  What you wrote above regarding your WaMu card reads like you already had a Chase Flexible rewards and they agreed to combine your existing WaMu card with your Chase card which increases the total limit. Is that correct?  If so, what I and other posters are trying to determine is the probability of converting our WaMu card(s) to a Chase product since we do not have one.

Message 16 of 66
geronimo2008
Regular Contributor

Sorry. I combined them.  Perhaps I misunderstood the other posters.
Message 17 of 66
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I had successfully converted my Flexible Rewards Card to the Chase Perfect Card yesterday and today its reflecting the changes online. The only thing the CSR told me was they would not send out a new card. I will probably wait a couple of days then request for replacement.Smiley Wink

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 18 of 66
bridgetkaryn
Frequent Contributor

I just spoke to a CSR this morning and she said I could combine my WaMu card with my Freedom Card but that the could only move PART of the credit line and had to wait til I paid off my WaMu card (a whole $56.37) and then we can combine the total credit limit and close out the WaMu card...  This will put me at a $3500 CL for my freedom card... no too shabby!

Bridget

Starting Score: 06/2010- EQ 464
01/2012-EQ 512
April Score: EQ 679 4/12TU- 677 EX- 699 (FAKO)
Current Score: 05/2012-EQ 691 4/12TU- 706 EX- 720(FAKO)
Goal Score: 700 by 05/2012- MADE IT!!!!

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 19 of 66
mphan
Contributor

which number did you guys call? I'll call and convert mine too.
---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 20 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.