cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

tag
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

my friend just called the number on the back of his wamu and product changed to the Chase Perfect Card in less than 5 minutes.
Message 21 of 66
chnceit
Valued Contributor

I just called the number on the back of the card. They had told me in the beginning of the week I coulnt convert my card, but I kept calling everyday and yesterday it was a green light. Also once they reflected the changes online (today) I requested a replacement card. Lets see if I receive it.  

Last Pulled EQ: 809
Last Credit Card App: 02/05/2016
Last CLI: 02/06/2016
Find Me: Gardening
Message 22 of 66
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@chnceit wrote:
I just called the number on the back of the card. They had told me in the beginning of the week I coulnt convert my card, but I kept calling everyday and yesterday it was a green light. Also once they reflected the changes online (today) I requested a replacement card. Lets see if I receive it.  
if you product changed, why would you need a replacement card, you are already getting a new card for the new product you switched to?

Message 23 of 66
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

@chnceit wrote:
if you product changed, why would you need a replacement card, you are already getting a new card for the new product you switched to?

I asked the Rep if was going to receive a new card since I did a product change; the Rep told me no they dont do that and keep using the card I have. So I requested for a replacement.

Message 24 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Chnceit which Wamu card did you have before the conversion...I called on Mon and was told No and that a letter would be mailed out also...the CSR also told me that is was because I had called on the 1st day of the conversion and that I would probably be able to do a product change in about a week. Did anyone else get that response?
Message 25 of 66
chnceit
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Chnceit which Wamu card did you have before the conversion...I called on Mon and was told No and that a letter would be mailed out also...the CSR also told me that is was because I had called on the 1st day of the conversion and that I would probably be able to do a product change in about a week. Did anyone else get that response?

I had the MyPoints Visa; I did call Monday after the transition and they said no when I wanted the Freedom. Called Tuesday and they also said no to converting to any rewards card and I should try next week; I was inpatient so I called yesterday and successfully converting it to the Perfect card. Also today my friend converted his WAMU Platinum plaine jane Visa to the Perfect Card. I just kept trying because the Flex wasnt worth it to me.

Message 26 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ralbusta wrote:
Just tried to do product change on old Wamu card. Rep said WAMU cards are never going to be eligible for a product change. Maybe just the rep I got. Should I try again?

Definitely try again. 

I just finished speaking with Chase and successfully converted my WaMu Platinum Visa (no rewards) to the Chase PerfectCard.   Took less than 5 minutes, with no hard inquiry.   They were very accommodating, offering me three different products I could convert to.   

I called the WaMu number on the back of my card, if that helps.   Keep trying.. and good luck!

Message Edited by mjgray on 03-12-2009 07:32 PM
Message 27 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Probably a silly question, but is there a benefit to changing from the WaMu card to a Chase product?  Is it possible Chase may do an automatic conversion?
Message 28 of 66
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

I give up, got the your account is not eligible for any type of product change. I guess I'll just see what the letter says. Congrats to everyone that was able to convert!
Message 29 of 66
score_building
Senior Contributor

apparently you can't go from a non rewards wamu to a chase rewards cc in some cases but not sure if that applies in this case-

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 30 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.