cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

tag
LisaJ
Frequent Contributor

Re: No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

Mine must have changed to a Chase Rewards card of some sort, because when I checked the account today, it had a link to my rewards. I originally had a Providian VIsa that became a WAMU Visa.

WOW! EQ when I joined myFICO: 657. Ups and downs and a few bumps and bruises, but finally back over 700. Whew!

Message 31 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ralbusta wrote:
I give up, got the your account is not eligible for any type of product change. I guess I'll just see what the letter says. Congrats to everyone that was able to convert!

When you called them, did you request a product change to a specific card?    I should note that the rep I spoke with told me that he couldn't change my non-rewards WaMu Platinum to the Chase Freedom or the Amazon card, but could change it to the PerfectCard as well as a few others.    So perhaps there are limitations.

Which is odd because Freedom and PerfectCard are similar in terms of rewards. 

If you have the time, I'd recommend making a few more calls until you reach someone who will do it.    If they keep saying "you're not eligible", I'd ask them to be more specific as to why.   

Good luck!

Message 32 of 66
timber
Regular Contributor

Just go off the phone with Chase CC customer service and requested to convert my account to a Southwest Airlines Rapid Rewards Visa, but he said it was too soon. They did offer to change it to a Freedom Card now and I could check back in a couple months to see if the Southwest might be available. I went ahead and accepted the Freedom Visa. This account was previously a Wamu PetSmart PetPerks Visa... I had received noticed from Chase last month that they had ended the PetSmart product and my account was going to a Chase Fexible Rewards Visa. I have a $9500 CL on this card. He said my APR terms would stay the same at 11.24% and I would get a new card in 5-7 days.

This was cool because I have another regular Wamu Platinum Visa (15K CL) that I wanted to convert to a Freedom, but was reading here that others were only succesfull in getting a Chase Perfect Visa. I asked to change this account or as the CSR put upgrade my account to the Perfect Visa. He said to keep using the same card, so I will request a replacement in a couple of weeks or so.

I'm thinking that in a few months I'll check back to see if I can convert either to a Southwest Rapid Rewards or possibly just combine the 2 credit lines into the Chase Freedom. Either way, I'm really happy to be with Chase now since I have my checking and auto loan with them also.

Message 33 of 66
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ralbusta wrote:
I give up, got the your account is not eligible for any type of product change. I guess I'll just see what the letter says. Congrats to everyone that was able to convert!

When you called them, did you request a product change to a specific card?    I should note that the rep I spoke with told me that he couldn't change my non-rewards WaMu Platinum to the Chase Freedom or the Amazon card, but could change it to the PerfectCard as well as a few others.    So perhaps there are limitations.

3 strikes and I was out:

Call 1: Asked for change to Freedom

Call 2: Asked for change to Home Improvement rewards

Call 3: Asked for a product change in general

If you have the time, I'd recommend making a few more calls until you reach someone who will do it.    If they keep saying "you're not eligible", I'd ask them to be more specific as to why.   

I think I'm really going to wait to get the letter before I attempt again. Don't know if I could take 4 rejections in a week!! Lol! 

Good luck!

Message 34 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called the backdoor number on the 9th of March and told them I wanted to do a product change from the Wamu platinum to the Freedom Plus card and was transferred to their customer service department, the rep said that would be know problem and that it would not be necessary for them to put an inquiry for this change.  He said the new benefits would go into effect in three days and my card would be sent out that day. 

Message 35 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey Ralbusta wanted to bump this up to make sure you saw the other thread regarding Wamu/Chase product changes. Those who have been successful appear to be calling the number on the back of their WaMu card and not Chase directly. Not sure who you contacted, but I hope this helps. 

For those of you have made the change or thinking about it, I would still like to know what benefit there is. I'm not sure if this something I need to do, I just seem to be following the crowd and most of the time that gets me in trouble Smiley Happy

@ralbusta wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@ralbusta wrote:

3 strikes and I was out:

Call 1: Asked for change to Freedom

Call 2: Asked for change to Home Improvement rewards

Call 3: Asked for a product change in general

I think I'm really going to wait to get the letter before I attempt again. Don't know if I could take 4 rejections in a week!! Lol! 

Good luck!

Message 36 of 66
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Hey thanks purple, but the last time I called it was the number on the back of my card, the old Wamu number. Still no go.
Message 37 of 66
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

Well I got the letter:

We regret that we are not able to trade your account to another type of account. Your current account does not qualify for a trade.

That answered nothing. I was looking for something specific, oh well.

People that did convert, did you ask to convert to a rewards card or the perfectcard specifically?

Message 38 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ralbusta wrote:

People that did convert, did you ask to convert to a rewards card or the perfectcard specifically?

I told them that I wanted to do a product change to something which carried a rewards program.  The rep asked "Do you have a specific card in mind?"    I told him that Freedom, PerfectCard, and Amazon all appealed to me.   He put me on hold, came back a minute later and told me that he couldn't convert to Freedom or Amazon, but could convert to 3 other cards:  1) PerfectCard, 2) a travel rewards card (can't recall the name), and 3) a somewhat generic-sounding card (can't recall that one either).    

Perhaps if you call and simply say "I'd like to add the PerfectCard (or Freedom) rewards program to my account."  

I really hope it works out for you.   Good luck!

Message 39 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks everyone for the info.  I called the number on the back of my WaMu Platinum Visa card.  I asked specifically to convert to a Chase credit card option and asked what was available for conversion.  The CC rep provided me with some options: Perfectcard, Travel Rewards (both no annual fee) and some flexible rewards option (points, travel, cas but with $59 annual fee on the last one).  I chose to convert to the Perfectcard.  I was told the Rewards program would be reflected on my account in 3 business days.  No pulls, hard or soft, on my account. Also, I asked if a replacement card would be sent.  He wasn't sure but said likely in 30 days.  I suppose I can call in 30 days and ask for a replacement if it doesn't show up in the mail. 
Message 40 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.