cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

I was a Providian/WaMu customer. I called the number on the back of the old WaMu card yesterday morning and spoke to a rep. in Credit Card Services. The options given were: PerfectCard and Freedom cards (Chase had converted my account to a Flexible Rewards). I changed to a Freedom non-Blink non-signature card. The one with Blink (possibly Freedom Plus) carried out a $30 annual fee for rewards subscription.

Message 41 of 66
Grape
Regular Contributor

Curious if those who are getting the product change are carrying a balance when they do so? If you are, what % of your CL is your balance? Thanks in advance.
Message 42 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

30% util for me...

Message 43 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Honestly, have been PIF'ing the last 3 months knowing the product change was coming up.  Not sure if it helps or not.  When I called today, 2% util.
Message 44 of 66
Kris1228
Regular Contributor

Well i called Chase today for product change, I couldnt get Freedom with actually applying but they offered a few airline cards and i asked about TJ Maxx Rewards and it was changed in a couple minutes. Now i wish i would have asked about the Perfect card. But i love TJ Maxx, Marshalls etc so its cool. I am planning to try again in 6-12 months for Freedom.

FICO's - 3/14/14 TU 795 4/17/14 EQ:805 3/7/14 EX: 801

Baddies all Gone
Message 45 of 66
mphan
Contributor

I gave up. This is the third time I call.Smiley Sad

They also need a hard pull for CLI.Smiley Sad

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 46 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Update...Called for conversion this morning.  I already see that my account has been changed to PerfectCard and the Rewards option is available to me on the website.  Sionara WaMu.
Message 47 of 66
ralbusta
Frequent Contributor

I called the number that was in another thread and was finally able to convert to the perfectcard. It already shows online!
Message 48 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called Chase and asked for product change, that they denied. I called again and said wanted to add rewards. Got 3 options: PerfectCard, Freedom, Travel. My card did not change, only rewards added.

I wonder why you guys need a product change. Is it only the rewards or something else?

Message 49 of 66
mphan
Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I called Chase and asked for product change, that they denied. I called again and said wanted to add rewards. Got 3 options: PerfectCard, Freedom, Travel. My card did not change, only rewards added.

I wonder why you guys need a product change. Is it only the rewards or something else?

Because you will be treated as Chase customer after PC. They don't give you that WaMu-Chase crap anymore.

"Sorry sir, we don't have that option for you because you are ex-WaMu card holder."

---------------
In 1900, if a father put a roof over his family's head, he was a success.
Today, it takes a roof, deck, pool, and 4-car garage. And that's just the vacation home.
---------------
Message 50 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.