cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

Ive been susing chase's secure email to do a product change to the Perfectcard.  I may wait another month because i have 887 flexible reward points that i can spend when i get to 1000 points.  I asked about getting a new chase card to replace my wamu when i do a product change and this is the response i got from them...

New credit cards will be issued between 03/15/09 and 04/22/09 and will be sent to your mailing address on file.     So hopefully we will all be getting rid of wamu cards sooner rather than later.

Message 51 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know why everybody wants to change there card over?  Is the APR  better than  Wamu's? What is the benifit to switching? Thanks
Message 52 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ralbusta wrote:
I called the number that was in another thread and was finally able to convert to the perfectcard. It already shows online!

Congrats I knew you weren't a quitter Smiley Happy   I am afraid to call.  I never have the same luck as others on the board. I punked out and sent an email.  I will see what they say.

I still don't understand the benefit of the product change and no one has answered the question. Is it possible Chase will product old WaMu accounts automatically anyway?

Message 53 of 66
My2cents
Regular Contributor

The product change also come with a change in policy.  The new cards(Chase perfectcards/Disney/TJMaxx/Freedom) are all reward cards and they give you money back.  For example

Chase perfectcard gives you 6% cash back on gas purchases for the first 90 days, which is good.  So if you spend 200.00 in fuel for the month that card will give you 12.00 bucks back so the new cards mean money back.

pH call 800-945-2004 and tell them that you would like to have the Chase perfectcard rewards added to you account.  You can thank my2 later.

700 Club Member
Message 54 of 66
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

ccolt1 wrote:
I would like to know why everybody wants to change there card over?  Is the APR  better than  Wamu's? What is the benifit to switching? Thanks

WaMu went blooie. They were bought by Chase.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 55 of 66
Uborrow-Upay
Valued Contributor

@haulingthescoreup wrote:
WaMu went blooie. They were bought by Chase.

"Blooie"? Smiley Very Happy

These technical terms are just too much for me... 

Message 56 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

I would like to know what rewards card is the best? I sent chase a email about my account and they said they would be more than happy to change my account to a rewards. If i change will my  credit limit go down or will my apr change?Is the freedom card a visa or master card? Is the perfect card better? Thanks
Message Edited by ccolt1 on 03-22-2009 08:42 AM
Message 57 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

Remember I have always stated I do not have the same luck other members on the board have in regards to CLIs, Apps, and product changes so I will hold my thanks Smiley Happy.  Here is an example. I sent an email inquiry to Chase prior to the number being posted. Just got the reply today:

Chase considers your feedback to be one of the integral parts of the improvement process. We appreciate the time you have taken to share these concerns. As a result of
comments such as yours, we gain more insight as to how we are servicing our customers? accounts.

We regret that your account is not eligible to product change at this time.

If you have any further questions, please reply using the Secure Message Center.

Knowing the luck I have, I am afraid to call directly and request the change.  BTW, for those of you who are more aware than I, why is the Perfect Card better than Freedom? I use to see many post on the board regarding getting the Chase Freedom card, however when you all are doing product changes and have been offered the Freedom, you are selecting the Perfect Card.

@My2cents wrote:

The product change also come with a change in policy.  The new cards(Chase perfectcards/Disney/TJMaxx/Freedom) are all reward cards and they give you money back.  For example

Chase perfectcard gives you 6% cash back on gas purchases for the first 90 days, which is good.  So if you spend 200.00 in fuel for the month that card will give you 12.00 bucks back so the new cards mean money back.

pH call 800-945-2004 and tell them that you would like to have the Chase perfectcard rewards added to you account.  You can thank my2 later.

Message 58 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Remember I have always stated I do not have the same luck other members on the board have in regards to CLIs, Apps, and product changes so I will hold my thanks Smiley Happy

Don't give up.   Look at how many times ralbusta had to call.   It'll work, keep trying.   Smiley Happy

Message 59 of 66
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Remember I have always stated I do not have the same luck other members on the board have in regards to CLIs, Apps, and product changes so I will hold my thanks Smiley Happy

Don't give up.   Look at how many times ralbusta had to call.   It'll work, keep trying.   Smiley Happy

I know I blame him for this lol.  I kept telling him to keep trying so I guess I will too. Its so different when you encourage others - however I know my luck Smiley Mad
Message 60 of 66
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.