Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

Re: No go on formerly WAMU/now Chase Product change.

my friend just called the number on the back of his wamu and product changed to the Chase Perfect Card in less than 5 minutes.
Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 686 Prosper(10-30-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
chnceit

I just called the number on the back of the card. They had told me in the beginning of the week I coulnt convert my card, but I kept calling everyday and yesterday it was a green light. Also once they reflected the changes online (today) I requested a replacement card. Lets see if I receive it.  

$100K in Credit
Last Credit Card App: 11/16/13
Epic Contributor
Creditaddict

chnceit wrote:
I just called the number on the back of the card. They had told me in the beginning of the week I coulnt convert my card, but I kept calling everyday and yesterday it was a green light. Also once they reflected the changes online (today) I requested a replacement card. Lets see if I receive it.  
if you product changed, why would you need a replacement card, you are already getting a new card for the new product you switched to?

Fico Scores: EQ- 682 DCU, TU 696 Walmart, EX 686 Prosper(10-30-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Navy Federal Cash Sigi Visa $50k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Target $200
63 Cards and Counting :smileytongue:
Valued Contributor
chnceit

Creditaddict wrote:

chnceit wrote:
if you product changed, why would you need a replacement card, you are already getting a new card for the new product you switched to?

I asked the Rep if was going to receive a new card since I did a product change; the Rep told me no they dont do that and keep using the card I have. So I requested for a replacement.

$100K in Credit
calwlvrn23

Chnceit which Wamu card did you have before the conversion...I called on Mon and was told No and that a letter would be mailed out also...the CSR also told me that is was because I had called on the 1st day of the conversion and that I would probably be able to do a product change in about a week. Did anyone else get that response?
Valued Contributor
chnceit

calwlvrn23 wrote:
Chnceit which Wamu card did you have before the conversion...I called on Mon and was told No and that a letter would be mailed out also...the CSR also told me that is was because I had called on the 1st day of the conversion and that I would probably be able to do a product change in about a week. Did anyone else get that response?

I had the MyPoints Visa; I did call Monday after the transition and they said no when I wanted the Freedom. Called Tuesday and they also said no to converting to any rewards card and I should try next week; I was inpatient so I called yesterday and successfully converting it to the Perfect card. Also today my friend converted his WAMU Platinum plaine jane Visa to the Perfect Card. I just kept trying because the Flex wasnt worth it to me.

$100K in Credit
Regular Contributor
mjgray

[ Edited ]

ralbusta wrote:
Just tried to do product change on old Wamu card. Rep said WAMU cards are never going to be eligible for a product change. Maybe just the rep I got. Should I try again?

Definitely try again. 

I just finished speaking with Chase and successfully converted my WaMu Platinum Visa (no rewards) to the Chase PerfectCard.   Took less than 5 minutes, with no hard inquiry.   They were very accommodating, offering me three different products I could convert to.   

I called the WaMu number on the back of my card, if that helps.   Keep trying.. and good luck!

Message Edited by mjgray on 03-12-2009 07:32 PM
Established Contributor
PurpleHaze

Probably a silly question, but is there a benefit to changing from the WaMu card to a Chase product?  Is it possible Chase may do an automatic conversion?

Starting Score: EQ: 633 (12/31/09) TU: 651 (12/31/09)
Current Score: EQ:633 TU: 651
Goal Score: EQ: 700 TU:700

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Frequent Contributor
ralbusta

I give up, got the your account is not eligible for any type of product change. I guess I'll just see what the letter says. Congrats to everyone that was able to convert!
Senior Contributor
score_building

apparently you can't go from a non rewards wamu to a chase rewards cc in some cases but not sure if that applies in this case-

FICOS:
06/13 EX 765 (PSECU) EQ 771 (DCU) TU 779 (Barclays)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}