Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No idea why I waste my breath with Cap1

tag
CS800
Super Contributor

Re: No idea why I waste my breath with Cap1

I have a $1100 CL with an APR of 9.85% so i would love the card to grow but stayed this limit since 2008. Always denied for a cli

Message 11 of 15
migliogiorni
Established Contributor

Ax that card.  You'll get your AF refund and done with them 4 good.  If they don't wave my AF in December I will be closing the account even though its my highest AOA it's time to move on for me and this sub prime joke.

BOA: 8.9k
CSP: 5k
Discover: 5k
Citi TY Preferd: 5k
Wally: 5k
JCP: 4.9k
citiForward: 4.7k
ChaseFreedom: 4.5k
DFS: 2k
Message 12 of 15
youngandcreditwrthy
Senior Contributor

I think around '08 is when my limit became stuck. Per the CARD Act, aren't they legally required to 'review' your account every six months? I wonder if a 'credit limit' is included in the terms that are required to be reviewed?
Marriott PR$25k | BCE $24.5K |BankAmericard Visa $25k| BOA Better Bal $17.5k |Wmt Discover $12.5k | BR Visa $17.5k | Amex Delta Gold $10k | Discover IT $10k | Paypal Extras MC $15k | Amazon Store $10k|Smile Gen $7.25k | Dillard's $10k | West Elm $4k| Express $3.05K | Mypoints.com Visa $4.5k | Freedom Visa $1k| Amex Surpass $1k
Message 13 of 15
score_building
Senior Contributor

@LS2982 wrote:

Smiley Very Happy

Well I check my account todat and low and behold, a $39 AF is posted on my account. Two (2) representatives told me that this fee would post 8/31 and they would waive it after it posts.

Well the Sr. rep. waived the fee but now $39 reports on my CR's. It's really just the principal now to me. I should get accurate info.

Until I see a CLI this card will continue to be used for recurring charges, I hate having this low $750 card reporting.

Yeah, don't sweat it served a useful purpose, IME cs is uneven at cap1 at best. Have a no hassle rewards cap1 stuck at 750, it never had an AF and is a decade old- higher than my AAoA but lowest limit, 2nd lowest is an almost 7k Discover.

IIRC Avg CL is >12.5k even with my low limit cap1. Perhaps consider holding on to it if no AF and adds to age. It was a bit more bothersome with fewer TLs but now with the majority being 5 digits, including store cards, barely take notice and just use it intermittently to keep it active.

IMHO it only becomes somewhat problematic if stuck with a boat load of active low limit cards...one or two can be par for the course for re/building...still sorta wish had app for a cap1 cc for excellent credit and combined limits with the small limit cap1 (i.e. app and combine) a few years ago when they still allowed it; used to be the easiest way to beef up a low limit cap1 CL.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 14 of 15
bettercreditguy1
Established Contributor

Pay the af. If they told you they would credit it back, then they will on the next statement or two.

Updated scores 3/7/21 TU 849, EQ 829, Ex 818 (all Fico scores) Remember the Three P's: Pay early in Full, Pay on Time, Patience
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.