cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No instant approval for Barclay USAirways card; call or wait?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No instant approval for Barclay USAirways card; call or wait?

@Anonymous wrote:

Thanks for all who responded.

End result: Approved with a (reallocated) limit of $10k after talking to credit analyst.

The prevailing suggestion seemed to be to call, so I did. Analyst took my identification, and said "Oh, I'm glad you called because in fact we needed to talk to you. Let me pull up your account info... Wow, you sure have a lot of accounts with us! Smiley Happy Is there any of these cards that you use the most?" Thinking that she was looking for me to close or PC one of my Barclay cards, I told her that my SallieMae got the most ongoing use but that I wasn't interested in closing either of the other cards because I had outstanding rewards balances. I suggested that if overall limit was the problem, we could certainly pull credit from one or more of the other cards. She agreed and in the end, she reallocated $10k from my SallieMae C/L to open the USAirways card.

Yippee!

Chris.

Congratulations, Chris! I didn't know much about Barclays until I applied for the US Airways card, but it looks like they are a good bank to work with.

Message 11 of 20
ddemari
Super Contributor

What apr did they give you?
Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ddemari wrote:

Standard purchase APR 15.99%

Cash advance APR 25.24%
Message 13 of 20
Imperfectfuture
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

Standard purchase APR 15.99%

Cash advance APR 25.24%

Prevailing apr that is popular for travel card purchases.

Typical barclay's greed for cash advance apr. Smiley Tongue

Signature needs updating
Message 14 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

I applied on Sunday and waited it out..got the new account alert this morning from CK. But had to find out Barclays approved for the lesser WMC with lower AF and still not sure what benefits are missing compared to the Premiere WMC and if eligible for the sign up bonus. Called this morning to move some CL over from SM but no chance to get the card I applied for 😰 Good luck! 

Edit: Congrats on the approval..did not read to the end ..lol

Message 15 of 20
ddemari
Super Contributor

Interesting, i did not know the card came in any other format than premiere world mastercard.
Message 16 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@ddemari wrote:
Interesting, i did not know the card came in any other format than premiere world mastercard.

It is only mentioned  on the app that not everybody will qualify for the Premiere WMC ...but there is no info on what will get cut if they will not approve for the Premiere version. Not even Barclays knows 😥. I guess I will need to read the paperwork with the card to find out. Am I really the only one that did not get accepted for the Premiere WMC ?? I knew that US Bank has this terrible habit of approving other cards than the card you apply for but Barclays 😩? 

Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

@lg8302ch wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

It is only mentioned  on the app that not everybody will qualify for the Premiere WMC ...but there is no info on what will get cut if they will not approve for the Premiere version. Not even Barclays knows 😥. I guess I will need to read the paperwork with the card to find out. Am I really the only one that did not get accepted for the Premiere WMC ?? I knew that US Bank has this terrible habit of approving other cards than the card you apply for but Barclays 😩? 

I was blissfully unaware of the distinction until your message.  It looks like both DW and I got the WMC, not the Premier.  I don't know the difference.  My guess would be you need a certain minimum C/L to get the Premier.  Maybe some Visa-specifc perks?  Dunno...

Chris.

Message 18 of 20
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@lg8302ch wrote:

@ddemari wrote:

I was blissfully unaware of the distinction until your message.  It looks like both DW and I got the WMC, not the Premier.  I don't know the difference.  My guess would be you need a certain minimum C/L to get the Premier.  Maybe some Visa-specifc perks?  Dunno...

Chris.

I hope we get the perks listed in their advertising including the 50K sign up bonus 😉 ..I am just worried as the AF is slightly lower according the Barclays rep for the WMC and he was  not sure if the sign up bonus will work or which perks are missing if not the Premiere WMC. I guess we will find out once we receive the cards. 

Message 19 of 20
ddemari
Super Contributor

ii assumed the word premiere was just part of the cards name in general. Interesting
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.