cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer able to use the amex prequalifier after becoming a cardmember?

tag
espnjunkie
Established Contributor

No longer able to use the amex prequalifier after becoming a cardmember?

Before becoming a cardmember I was able to use the amex prequalifier to see if there were any cards matched for me. Can you still use this feature after becoming a cardmember? I know that if you apply for another amex card and are denied it results in a soft pull, but is there a way to better guage your odds?

“The real measure of your wealth is how much you’d be worth if you lost all your money.” ~Unknown
Citi Prestige World Elite Mastercard ($35,000.00), Merrill+ Visa Signature ($25,000.00), Amex BCP ($29,700.00), Amex Green (NPSL), Capital One Quicksilver World Mastercard ($10,000.00), Chase Ink Business Bold (NPSL)
TU-778 (12/03/2014))
EX (Plus) - 777 (10/21/2013)
EQ - 735 (April 2013)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
adavis425
Established Contributor

Re: No longer able to use the amex prequalifier after becoming a cardmember?

@espnjunkie wrote:

Before becoming a cardmember I was able to use the amex prequalifier to see if there were any cards matched for me. Can you still use this feature after becoming a cardmember? I know that if you apply for another amex card and are denied it results in a soft pull, but is there a way to better guage your odds?

I have never (in 11 years) seen that option available on the website. The best we can get, I believe, is the SP upon denial.Smiley Indifferent

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 2 of 8
calogan
Established Member

1) Go to www.americanexpress.com and login

2) Click on Cards at the top and View All Personal Cards

3) If you are not currently pre-qualified for a new card, the tab at the far right tab will be a link to refer friends and family.

If you ARE are pre-qualified:

• The tab at the right will be renamed to PRE-APPROVED FOR YOU
  • Cards you are pre-approved for will be listed at the left with a blue PRE-APPROVED banner
  • Cards you are pre-approved for in the View All Cards view will have a blue PRE-APPROVED banner 

Amex Accelerated Cash Rewards. BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards. Amex Blue Cash Preferred. Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Now gardening until 2013. I assume gardening is a metaphor, like "book clubs" where all you do is drink wine.

Message 3 of 8
saaws
New Contributor

yes, after you become a cardmemeber, IF YOU ARE prequalified for any product, the account home page will tell you that you are, and in apply for another card section, they will highlight the cards that you are prequalified for. if you don't see this, that means you are not prequalified for anything. for me, since I got BCP in september, my prequalified selection only showed up just now in april, so it may take a while for Amex to .... hmm, feel you up?

EQ 734 (2010/09) 680 (2011/08) 700 (2012/04) 701 (2013/01) | EX 737 (2011/09 AMEX) | TU 755 (2010/09) 721 (2011/09)
Amex Platinum NPSL / Blue Cash Preferred $10K | BofA Visa $9K | Discover More $8.5K | Cap1 Best Buy MC $7K | Chase Ink Bold $12.5K / Sapphire Preferred $5.5K / MileagePlus Select Visa $5K / Freedom $2K | Dell Store $3K
Message 4 of 8
adavis425
Established Contributor

@calogan wrote:

1) Go to www.americanexpress.com and login

2) Click on Cards at the top and View All Personal Cards

3) If you are not currently pre-qualified for a new card, the tab at the far right tab will be a link to refer friends and family.

If you ARE are pre-qualified:

• The tab at the right will be renamed to PRE-APPROVED FOR YOU
  • Cards you are pre-approved for will be listed at the left with a blue PRE-APPROVED banner
  • Cards you are pre-approved for in the View All Cards view will have a blue PRE-APPROVED banner 

I always thought those "pre-approvals" were simply cards that you could upgrade to because you were already a cardmember. Do they ever "pre-approve" revolvers??

AmEx Platinum | AmEx BCP | AmEx Delta Gold | CSP | Chase Freedom | NFCU cashRewards Visa Sig | NFCU Plat MC | WM MC | Discover it | JCP

Message 5 of 8
calogan
Established Member

@adavis425 wrote:

I always thought those "pre-approvals" were simply cards that you could upgrade to because you were already a cardmember. Do they ever "pre-approve" revolvers??

I can't "upgrade" an existing card to those because the card I current have is revolving, these are definately pre-approvals (for as little as that means).

I've never seen a pre-approval for another revolving card, others may have I would imagine.

Amex Accelerated Cash Rewards. BankAmericard Privileges with Travel Rewards. Amex Blue Cash Preferred. Chase Sapphire Preferred.
Now gardening until 2013. I assume gardening is a metaphor, like "book clubs" where all you do is drink wine.

Message 6 of 8
BN3
Established Member

I'm sure its been asked about a millions times, but  how accurate is it?  Assuming all CR are in good standing with an excellent fico score.  I have a BCP and i'm pre-approved for zync, green, premier gold (notably not the regular gold) and the plat.  I'm seeing that early access to entertainment is ont he plat gold and zync, why the zync and not the green?

Message 7 of 8
LS2982
Mega Contributor

I don't see anything for me................Smiley Sad (Only been a AMEX member for 2 1/2 weeks tho) Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.