Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No longer preapproved for Blue Cash

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No longer preapproved for Blue Cash

The Blue Cash offer disappeared from my account screen after my first statement posted.
Message 11 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anderson wrote:
The Blue Cash offer disappeared from my account screen after my first statement posted.

OK, I feel a little better now.

I asked an Amex rep once if the Blue Cash offer on my account screen was a preapproval or if it was a generic ad.  She was certain it was a preapproval.  So when it disappeared for several days, my gut reaction was, "Oh jeez, what did I do now?" Smiley Very Happy

Good to know that it's not just me. Smiley Happy

Thanks, everyone.

Message 12 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know that it is probably on here somewhere, but can you tell me the pre-approval website for American Express?
Message 13 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here you go:

Message Edited by cheddar on 03-08-2008 10:00 PM
Message 14 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

geez cheddar, I just checked my Amex account and it's not offering me any pre-approved offers.Smiley Surprised  It just says "Apply for the Gold card", or "Apply for the Delta Skymiles card".  Nothing says "pre-approved" for MsQB!  I wonder why?
Message 15 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

It doesn't actually say the word "Preapproved."  If it's on your Summary of Accounts screen, at the top, then it is a preapproval, even if it doesn't say so.  I confirmed this with an Amex rep when I first saw one on my Summary of Accounts screen.

Don't confuse this with the generic ads that show up before you log in or after you log out.  It's only a preapproval if it's at the top of your Summary of Accounts screen.
Message 16 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsQueenB wrote:
geez cheddar, I just checked my Amex account and it's not offering me any pre-approved offers.Smiley Surprised  It just says "Apply for the Gold card", or "Apply for the Delta Skymiles card".  Nothing says "pre-approved" for MsQB!  I wonder why?

Do you have a preapproved offer showing on your "SUMMARY OF ACCOUNTS" page?
Message 17 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

cheddar--

It looks like I don't type fast enough!
Message 18 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, it is a banner above my Summary of Accounts.  But, someone said they do a "hard" on you and it's not worth that.
Message 19 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

MsQueenB wrote:
Yes, it is a banner above my Summary of Accounts.  But, someone said they do a "hard" on you and it's not worth that.

Yes, any time you apply for new credit you can expect a hard inquiry, even if you have an existing relationship with the lender.  Having a preapproval doesn't change that.

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.