Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No love from GE :(

tag
JustMe77
Frequent Contributor

No love from GE :(

I've had my BR Visa since October. My 4th statement cut yesterday (closing date Feb. 26th), so today I requested an increase online after I received the email from GE saying that my statement was ready. The online button said that they weren't taking online requests, and that I had to call. I called and went through the auto prompts for a credit line increase.

It asked me what I needed "for my next purchase". My current limit is $3000, but right now I'm only using $200 of it. I said I needed an extra $1,500 of available credit. The auto system said it couldn't approve me.

Sad Smiley Sad I wonder if talking to a human would help? I don't need the credit, but I would use the card more if my limit was higher (so my utiliziation won't be as impacted).

Current Cards: Banana Republic Visa ($5,300), Chase Freedom ($2,000), Discover It ($11,500), Amex Costco True Earnings ($5,000), Chase Slate ($2,500)
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: No love from GE :(

@JustMe77 wrote:

I've had my BR Visa since October. My 4th statement cut yesterday (closing date Feb. 26th), so today I requested an increase online after I received the email from GE saying that my statement was ready. The online button said that they weren't taking online requests, and that I had to call. I called and went through the auto prompts for a credit line increase.

It asked me what I needed "for my next purchase". My current limit is $3000, but right now I'm only using $200 of it. I said I needed an extra $1,500 of available credit. The auto system said it couldn't approve me.

Sad Smiley Sad I wonder if talking to a human would help? I don't need the credit, but I would use the card more if my limit was higher (so my utiliziation won't be as impacted).

You'll finds that GE is weird with CLI's. The best advice I can give (that i've also taken myself from my fellow myFICO friends) is to garden the account for a year and then ask for CLI's.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 3
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: No love from GE :(

I have seen the first 3-4 month CLI is usually auto... then every 4-6 depending on spending, payments, balances etc.... and GE doesn't seem to care about Debt when approving, but when it comes to CLI they are really small to nothing if you have some debt.

but sad to see you get a no, My PayPal MC will hit 4 months in 1.5 months and I'm hoping for a nice increase like I have seen with some others lately, otherwise we can start a thread to cry in when you don't get what you "hoped" for in a bank!

but wait for letter, if it says something about time at this CL or not enough time, go back in 30 days and ask again!

otherwise wait till 6 and do it again.

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.