Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No love from NFCU--CC or refi

tag
NJTurnpike
Established Contributor

Re: No love from NFCU--CC or refi

@silverzgirl wrote:

On my myFICO report, Citi is not really showing as a flagged negative. I don't think that is affecting me as much at this point. I do know that they have the mind of an elephant. Smiley Frustrated No, going to the EVP is not an option. I may give it a shot at this point.

The others are past GW. They sued but I countered with arbitration which they defied the court order by not initiating--arb no longer a sure thing for the creditors. SOL ran out, and they sent 1099Cs. They keep verifying balances though. These are what is hurting me the most. 

In the meantime working to pay down balances, and I may not even need more once that is done. Of course that is when people get offers lol.

What's primarily holding you back is your very high utilization and the remaining bad remarks on your CR. I would suggest you concentrate on those two items first to get your house in order, so to speak, then consider getting cards for travel benefits, rewards, etc. Honestly, applying for any new credit with over 25% utilization is asking to less than you want.

I agree, like you said, you only get offers when your not utilizing most of your credit lines. honestly, thats the best situation, thats when you can really take advantage of sign up bonuses, point churning, etc.

When we're young, we (most of us) always use credit like its an extension of our bank accounts, and really its a tool to be more flexible financially, but WITHIN your means. On the rare "life events" (engagement, wedding, new baby, moving, new job) times when you need to hold a balance, your first concern should be paying down that balance to nothing before you get back into the credit "game".

Just my two abraham lincolns on your currrent situation.

DCU ( pulled 3/29/13) EQ04 683 | Amex (pulled 3/28/13) EX 760 | US Bank (pulled 3/28/13) EX 753
CreditKarma (4/19/13) TU-TR 701 | TU Vantage 788 | USAA FAKO (3/31/13) EX 728, EQ 699, TU 737 |
Inquiries (4/18/13) EX 13 | EQ 13 | TU 14
Message 11 of 17
silverzgirl
Regular Contributor

I don't anticipate anything positive coming from the CC side. My account still shows the old limit. Alas there is no way to check on status of a CC that I have been able to find. Credit Sesame has my score dropping for those pulls. That truly bites. I suppose it is go to the garden, go directly to the garden, do not pass go or collect any more cards...unless Comenity wants to show me auto-love, which they have. Wish they would report all of my accounts though lol.
Starting FICO, June 2010: EX-581, EQ-581, TU-581
Now: EX-742 EQ-710 TU-709

Currently: NFCU Platinum Visa 18K, BECU Visa 15K, Navchek 15K, Vystar+ CU Platinum Visa 10000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles 9K, Military Star 8200, Nordstrom VS 7800, Macys 7600, Lowes 6K, Pier 1 6K, Mohawk Floor 4500, TJX Mastercard 4K, Pottery Barn 4K, Amazon 3600, Talbots 3000, Barclaycard 2400, Ann Taylor 2280, Ballard Design, 1500, Victorias Secret 750, NY&CO 500, J.Crew 300

Message 12 of 17
blunderer
Established Contributor

The only reason I suggested GW Citi is to get it off your report to increase your chances with obtaining new credit with them.  And I only suggested that in case your job pushes for you to get and use your corporate card for your travel expenses.  I know my old company had everyone running their expenses through AMEX, no exceptions.  Easier to track everyone's spending that way Smiley Happy  Even if that's not going to be an issue for you it doesn't hurt to try and have that old Citi account removed off your reports.  Especially since it sounds like you'll have some time on your hands while "gardening" Smiley Wink

PS-Just suggestions, definitely not trying to step on any toes.

Message 13 of 17
silverzgirl
Regular Contributor

No worries, I did not take it as toe steppage.

I got hit on ScoreWatch...NFCU did a second HP, I am guessing for the CLI. My CL remains the same.

They hate me...why couldn't they have used the HP from three days ago....Smiley Mad

Currently: NFCU Platinum Visa 18K, BECU Visa 15K, Navchek 15K, Vystar+ CU Platinum Visa 10000, AMEX Delta SkyMiles 9K, Military Star 8200, Nordstrom VS 7800, Macys 7600, Lowes 6K, Pier 1 6K, Mohawk Floor 4500, TJX Mastercard 4K, Pottery Barn 4K, Amazon 3600, Talbots 3000, Barclaycard 2400, Ann Taylor 2280, Ballard Design, 1500, Victorias Secret 750, NY&CO 500, J.Crew 300

Message 14 of 17
blunderer
Established Contributor

Still not a done deal.  Since they did the HP definitely send them a private message to recon if their final decision is no.  They are usually pretty reasonable and willing to reconsider when they have a written explanation. 

Trust me because like I said before they initially denied me but the private message was my friend.

Hang in there!

Message 15 of 17
Rhaeny
Valued Contributor

I think it's a bit premature to conclude that you have been declined.  A 3-5 day message doesn't mean that they rejected you.  So far I've gotten two different 3-5 day messages and I was approved both times.  

When you check the status does it still say "Pending Review", because if it does it means its still pending....LOL!!!

I know how hard it is to be waiting for that final decision because I remember being on pins and needles too.  So hang in there and think positive!

Major CC's - Barclay's ($5.5K) | Barclay's Sallie Mae MC ($5K) | DCU ($7.5K) | Discover IT ($1.4K) | Genisys Visa ($1.4K) | NFCU Visa ($22K) | Navcheck ($15K) | Chase Freedom ($5K) | SDFCU Visa ($8K) | Amex BCP ($9.5K) | Amex Delta ($10K) |Store CC's| -Amazon ($4K) | Catherines ($850) | JCP ($4K) | Macy's ($1.7K) | Avenue ($850) | Victoria's Secret ($1.4K) | Walmart ($4.1K) | Paypal SC ($1.3K) | HSN ($2.5) | Sears ($2.6K) | Sams Club ($4.1K) |Goal|: Age with grace to 750 across the board |Last app|: 3/3/2014
Message 16 of 17
silverzgirl
Regular Contributor

Declined. Excess utilization was the only reason given, which mean they will use old charge offs as the excust on the recon. Funny since I have seen approvals with extremely high utes.

Oh well. Guess I just won’t use it except for a five dollar coffee once a month or something while chiseling away at what I owe. They won’t get any more of my money.

Message 17 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.