Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No luck with shopping cart trick :(

tag
Shellie
Valued Contributor

No luck with shopping cart trick :(

I was sitting at a 584 when I got approved for the Victoria's Secret card.  I am not at a 591 and I have tried several different stores and it just won't happen for me again.  Any ideas?

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Re: No luck with shopping cart trick :(

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 2 of 32
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

Only thing I would say ask is did you opt out.I also can't get any of the shopping cart cards to pop for me.

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 3 of 32
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

Sometimes it just takes time.

If you can access your EQ report, check for softs.

Which stores are you trying for?

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 4 of 32
Happychap
Frequent Contributor

It never works for me either... My scores are high 700's and I have never seen any soft on my report from them.
Message 5 of 32
PrettyPeacock
Contributor

What I did is print out the long list and went down the line of cards I wouldn't mind having and started rolling.  I had way more times it didn't work then it did.  I had the VS card before I knew about the shopping cart trick so I ended up with 3 new ones but to be honest I went thru probably 9 that didn't work.  I kept a list for any future little app sprees so I can see if the ones that didn't work end up working later. 

And I read all the time about someone not getting the popup one day then a week or 2 later it does work.  Good luck and just keep trying.  It doesn't hurt to try.

4/13 CS from TU 599 11/3/13 Current FICO TU: 672, EQ 680
Negs: BK charged-off Jan '09, KS tax lien PAID, but still trying to figure out how to get it removed and 10 IIB accounts
Happiness: Merrick $750  |  Cap One $300  |  USBank $300  |  Victoria's Secret $500  |  The Buckle $250  |  JCrew $250  |  Express $250  |  Cap One $2000(AU)  |  Fingerhut $850 | Kohls (AU) $3000
Goals are 760 to buy a home & to stay in the Garden til 2/14
Message 6 of 32
jboy1972
New Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I was sitting at a 584 when I got approved for the Victoria's Secret card.  I am not at a 591 and I have tried several different stores and it just won't happen for me again.  Any ideas?

Maybe you opted out?

NFCU Flag Visa Sig $11k *| AMEX BCE $20k*| Discover It $8k*| Citi TY Preferred $5k *| Chase Freedom Visa $2k *|
| Lowe's $10k *| Bank of Hawaii Rewards Platinum Visa $7.8k *| Hawaii USA FCU Platinum Visa 3k *| Firestone 2.2k *|

FICO EQ- 747 (7/07/13) FICO EX -752 (8/07/13) FICO TU -751 (8/07/13)
Message 7 of 32
cwwatts1202
Established Contributor

I never got the shopping cart trick, but I did get a pre approval email from victorias secret saying I was pre approved for a $250 CL and I filled it out and was approved. I had an acct with them and had ordered from them and I guess they did a SP and emailed it to me.

Message 8 of 32
Shellie
Valued Contributor

I haven't opt'd out to my knowledge.  I got the VS to work first try. I have since tried Maurices and VS again and also walmart and I think a few others.  A lot of those listed are not stores I have ever even been to.

Message 9 of 32
trying_to_B_good
Contributor

IMO it has to do with the issuing bank for the cards. I believe they track your ip address and will not give you that pop up box within a cartain time period.  I too got the pop up for VS but couldn't get it for express or any other cards issued by that bank. Try clearing your cache or perhaps even changing your ip address(google it).  I have heard, if you don't wanna change your ip, you can use someone elses computer and try again, but i haven't tried this personally.  If you were approved for VS chances are you will be approved for one or two more from that bank but dont go carzy and app for many more than that. Also, your AAoA WILL suffer from these new cards so be sure your file is thick enough to take the hit to your score.  I have had no success in getting any more than two cards from any one bank.....so far! My score were at 600 when I acquiired all the cards listed on my profile. I'm in the garden now because of the inquires and hit to my score from the apps and new credit.

BEST OF LUCK TO YA!!!

AUBURN

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.