Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No luck with shopping cart trick :(

tag
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

Re: No luck with shopping cart trick :(

don't be discouraged...i've been trying for months and have yet to get the preapproval pop up! it's sometimes a hit and miss...just keep trying Smiley Happy

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 11 of 32
myjourney
Super Contributor

@Shellie wrote:

I was sitting at a 584 when I got approved for the Victoria's Secret card.  I am not at a 591 and I have tried several different stores and it just won't happen for me again.  Any ideas?

Sometimes the browser your using and or pop up blocker won't allow 

Change browser and or disable pop up blocker

Try again

Good luck 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 12 of 32
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@Shellie wrote:

I was sitting at a 584 when I got approved for the Victoria's Secret card.  I am not at a 591 and I have tried several different stores and it just won't happen for me again.  Any ideas?

Try again

Good luck 

I tried three different browsers and still no luck for me lol. I guess i will just keep on trying and hopefully one day it will pop for me :-)

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 13 of 32
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Shellie wrote:

Try again

Good luck 

I tried three different browsers and still no luck for me lol. I guess i will just keep on trying and hopefully one day it will pop for me :-)

Did you disable the pop up blocker?

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 14 of 32
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Shellie wrote:

Try again

Good luck 

yes i did disable popup blocker i tried with my moms info, and it popped up first time on Jcrew, made me an sad panda :-(

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 15 of 32
myjourney
Super Contributor

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@mongstradamus wrote:

@myjourney wrote:

@Shellie wrote:

Try again

Good luck 

yes i did disable popup blocker i tried with my moms info, and it popped up first time on Jcrew, made me an sad panda :-(

In time you will get them don't be sad

Before you app think...
Can you afford the AF?
Message 16 of 32
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

It really is hit or miss...

I've been trying for Eddie Bauer and Buckle (stores I might actually shop at more than once a year) since the first time I heard about this trick, which was maybe in October of last year. Still nothing to this day.

For me the sequence went:

• Express (December)
  • Victoria's Secret (January)
  • King Size (January)
  • OneStopPlus (January) (too bad I'm a plus sized woman...)
  • Roamans (January) (see above)
  • Jessica London (January) (same deal...)
  • Woman Within (January)
  • BrylaneHome (January) (did take this one and bought a sheet set which is pretty nice)
  • J.Crew (February)
  • Avenue (April) (again another plus size retailer but took this one because the limit was higher and mom likes to shop there occasionally, so I added her an AU)
  • HSN just yesterday (didn't take it because it wasn't for the MasterCard...it also didn't show a limit)

KingSize, OneStop, Roamans, Jessica London and Woman Within are part of a group called Redcats...once they pre-approve for one, you can usually get pre-approval for their other brands. They also let you use one brand's card at another brand's store (i.e. use KingSize card at OneStopPlus.com and other stores they run but don't offer cards for).

I think once your scores get above 600, you'll probably see more pre-approvals. I wouldn't bother trying with Walmart since they are GECRB and if they soft you, they'll send a mailer. With that one it's still a HP if you accept the offer as opposed to these which are pure SP only.

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 17 of 32
gwizdak24
Frequent Contributor

For me what worked is once I activated and used VS, then I looked for Express once I activated and used Express, I tried for JCrew, See if that works :/

Message 18 of 32
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Or someone somewhere told me to create and account with them first (an online shopping one) put atleast $100 in the cart then try to check out. Seemed to work pretty well so far, didn't take anything though.

Message 19 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

I tried with JCrew and got the pop up.  But I didn't take it, because won't this impact the AAoA?  Yes, you avoid an inquiry, but you get a new account with a potentially small CL, right?

Message 20 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.