Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No luck with shopping cart trick :(

tag
wHiTeSoL
Valued Contributor

Re: No luck with shopping cart trick :(

@longtimelurker wrote:

I tried with JCrew and got the pop up.  But I didn't take it, because won't this impact the AAoA?  Yes, you avoid an inquiry, but you get a new account with a potentially small CL, right?

Small CLs dont really matter in terms of FICO but it does hurt your AAoA

Message 21 of 32
Sabrian31487
Regular Contributor

Try Brylane Homes.. I tried for eddie bauer, express, jcrew and alot more from the list. I even tried Brylane homes a couple days ago and it did not work but tonight, i got it to work and was pre approved for 500.. Just keep trying everyday, you will eventually get one of the shopping trick cards

Keith

Discover IT 02/2013 (1000.00),Chase Freedom 02/2013 (3000.00),AmEx Blue Cash Everyday 06/2013 (3000.00)
Citi Simplicity 06/2013 (1000.00)
TU FICO - 718 , CK TU - 738 , Credit.com EX - 727, Quizzle.com - 720, CreditSesame.com - 720

Message 22 of 32
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

I tried with JCrew and got the pop up.  But I didn't take it, because won't this impact the AAoA?  Yes, you avoid an inquiry, but you get a new account with a potentially small CL, right?

Right, but I would feel I have hurt my AAoA for little gain, in that I could do better with apping for a "proper" bank card.  The score could easily go down because the AAoA decreases and any utilization impact would be small.   I guess it just depends on how you balance the cost of an HP against a bigger CL, as your AAoA goes down in either case.

Message 23 of 32
mongstradamus
Super Contributor

@longtimelurker wrote:

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

Right, but I would feel I have hurt my AAoA for little gain, in that I could do better with apping for a "proper" bank card.  The score could easily go down because the AAoA decreases and any utilization impact would be small.   I guess it just depends on how you balance the cost of an HP against a bigger CL, as your AAoA goes down in either case.

well doesn't it olny affect AAoA, but you get an soft pull so doesn't really effect your inquiries at least right?

EX Fico 804 11/16/16 Fako 800 Credit.com 11/16/16
EQ SW bank enhanced 11/16/16 839 CK fako 822 11/16/16
TU Fico discover 10/19/16 814 Fako 819 Creditkarma 11/16/16
Message 24 of 32
jk26978
Regular Contributor

So...I did receive the pop up for Express, I did not take the offer at that time, they even mailed be a letter stating that they had recently pre-approved me for a line of credit, this really shocked me.  Would I have better luck with others if I do accept the one from Express?

Thanks and still trying

K

Starting Score: 650 Current Score: EQ:674 (SW Alert 12-28-15) - TU: 698 (5/27/13 SW)Chapter 7 filed 8/2009 - Discharged 12/2009 Goal Score: 750
Joined the garden again 12/5/13
In the garden again till at least 6/1/16

http:
Message 25 of 32
injustifiiable
Valued Contributor

@wHiTeSoL wrote:

@longtimelurker wrote:

+1....I would take the J.Crew one since that one seems to grow easier and faster than the rest. I personally have gone from $250 to $1050 in 5 months or so with light-moderate use...they've been reports of others getting CLI's a week or two after getting the card!

Scores 5/15/2016 (clean reports!): TU Walmart FICO: 696 | EQ FICO: 679 | EX AMEX FICO: 680

In my new wallet: American Express Green EMV: PSL $2000 | BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa EMV: $2500 | Citi AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard: $6400 | Barclaycard Arrival World MasterCard: $1000 | Discover IT: $2500 | Amazon Rewards Visa Signature: $1500 | Chase Freedom: $1500 | Capital One QuicksilverOne MasterCard: $2100 | Target: $2800 | J.Crew $21,550 | Marvel (Captain America) MasterCard: $6000
Message 26 of 32
Shellie
Valued Contributor

Got the shoppoing trick to work again! On The Buckle.  It was only $250 tho.  I didn't accept it because I don't even shop there and wow their clothes are just a little out of what I am comfortable paying for clothes.

Message 27 of 32
JMills
Frequent Contributor

You need to be opt out to receive thes offers

1. Opt Out

2. Make Sure the information you are putting exactly matches your CR for 3 bureaus. Exactly I repeat

3. Use different browsers. Chrome

4. Clear Browser History

5. Make sure your internet settings enables pop ups if not you need to change it.

6. Keep trying and dont give up! Dont think about it too much because you are putting that in the atmosphere that you want it badly. Just randomly do shopping cart trick and when you least expect it, you will get it. I got a VS and I am very happy with it!!

It will happenSmiley Wink

Starting Score: EX: 705 EQ: 711 TU: 750 01/06/2014
Current Score: EX: 673 EQ: 673 TU: 643 05/06/2020

Last App: 05/06/202020 / In the Garden Until: 12/31/2024

Desired Scores EQ 800 EX 800 TU 800

PSCEU $20,000 Navy Signature $6,600 Navy Rewards $2,500
Message 28 of 32
Eightiron
Contributor

JMills, isnt Opting Out, the opposite of what you want to do?

Gardening now for that spring harvest Entered 9/4/13 leaving 4/14
Message 29 of 32
missjae
Established Contributor

@Eightiron wrote:

JMills, isnt Opting Out, the opposite of what you want to do?

I got the popups while I was opted out, but I had been opted out before I knew what the trick was.  I really think the trick is just the luck of the draw.  I got it to work for Buckle and the Sportsman's Visa, but never got it to work again.  No that I need a new TL, but I'd like to be offered something just in caseSmiley Happy

Message 30 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.