Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No luv from Citi =(

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No luv from Citi =(

I've had my Citi MTVu card since Sept 07 (About 9 months) and have been anticipating a credit line increase.

None yet : (

So, instead of just waiting for one, I've decided to request one. As I understand it, when you do this (online) one of two things will happen:

1) You get immediately approved

2) You have to fill out a form (and consequently, get a hard inq)

Every time that I click the 'Request Credit Increase" tab, I get the form. Haven't I had the card long enough to deserve some free luv?

Message Edited by freedogshampoo on 07-04-2008 07:35 PM
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
smallfry
Senior Contributor

Re: No luv from Citi =(

@Anonymous wrote:
I've had my Citi MTVu card since Sept 07 (About 9 months) I've been anticipating a credit line increase. None yet : ( So, instead of just waiting for one, I've decided to request one. As I understand it, one you do this (online) one of two things will happen: 1) You get immediately approved 2) You have to fill out a form (and a hard inq) Every time that I click the "Request Credit Increase" tab, I get the form. Haven't I had the card long enough to deserve some luv?

You have. Only one way to find out. You might as well wait until the card is 1 year old to see if they have a hard free CLI waiting.
Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

freedogshampoo wrote:
I've had my Citi MTVu card since Sept 07 (About 9 months) I've been anticipating a credit line increase. None yet : ( So, instead of just waiting for one, I've decided to request one. As I understand it, one you do this (online) one of two things will happen: 1) You get immediately approved 2) You have to fill out a form (and a hard inq) Every time that I click the "Request Credit Increase" tab, I get the form. Haven't I had the card long enough to deserve some luv?

The non-form-soft-pull-CLI from Citi is actually not that common, and 9 months is probably way too short of a period to expect that from them.  Most of the posters here who get Citi CLI do it through the hard pull mechanism, unfortunately.  You may be waiting a while to get that automatic offer.  That doesn't mean you wouldn't get a CLI if you filled out the form, but that will cost you, as you know.

One thing to keep in mind, though, is that they do keep track of how often you click that button, even if you don't fill out the form and submit it.  Every time you click the button, it makes you look a little more desperate, and might even make the automatic offer even less likely to pop up the next time you click.

My advice regarding the Citi luv button is to only click it when you are ready to fill out the form and accept a hard pull for your CLI if it comes to that.  If the automatic offer pops up instead, consider it icing on the cake.

Message 3 of 24
fused
Moderator Emeritus

Sorry to hear CITI is being stingy. This is why I kicked them to the curb months ago.
Message 4 of 24
UpNComing
Established Contributor

fused wrote:
Sorry to hear CITI is being stingy. This is why I kicked them to the curb months ago.

Citi has been great to me so far.  I changed from thier Platinum Select to the Diamond Preffered Rewards after two months (great customer service). Soft pulled a 50% CLI in my third month.  Maybe its the amount of money I run through it, a LOT with multiple pays each month.  They are the number one card in my wallet.

freedogshampoo (how can I get some of that?) - be good to Citi and they will be good to you.  Hang in their.

Message Edited by UpNComing on 07-04-2008 10:08 PM
CSP ($5k); Chase MileagePlus Explorer Visa Sig. ($6k); Chase Freedom Visa Sig. ($6k); BankAmericard Cash Rewards Visa Sig. ($5k); Amex PRG (NPSL); Amex BCE ($1k); Citi Thank You ($5.4k); Barclay Apple ($4.2k) CapOne Cash ($2.5k) CapOne Platinum ($2.5k) Wells Fargo Home Project Visa ($10.3k) Discover IT ($1.5k) WalMart ($3k); Lowes ($3k); Amazon ($5k); Kohls($1.5k)

Scores: Equ Fico 715 ~ Exp 724 ~ TU Fico 682
Message 5 of 24
SonorityGenius
Established Contributor

Although Citi can be GREAT on initial CLs, they can be stingy on auto-CLIs - I am stuck on 11.5k for the last 6 months =( (up from 8.5k initial)

Most people simply apply for another Citi card instead of hard CLI on current card = which means you might get a card you find "cooler, more rewards" than your current one with the same hard inq from Citi u would expect when you fill the "form" out anyway..

Some you can combine later back into one, and others you cant..
Message 6 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was afraid that would be the case (keeping track of my clicks, even if I don't fill out form).

Curiosity killed the cat. lol

I guess I'll just have to wait...again.
Message 7 of 24
chris4434
Established Member

citi has been pretty good to me. Ive had my MTV u around 6 months and have already went from a $500 limit to a $2500 limit
Message 8 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

freedogshampoo wrote:
I was afraid that would be the case (keeping track of my clicks, even if I don't fill out form).

Curiosity killed the cat. lol

I guess I'll just have to wait...again.

BTW, completely OT, but that's the best screenname I've seen in ages.

Message 9 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@fused wrote:

Yeah, it's weird too; I use the card normally and always PIF. Amex has been much more generous with me. $1400 to $10k in just 5 months (through a combination of automatics and requests). Chase automatic increases have been okay, but for some reason their luv button gives me a "page not available" error.

While citi leaves me with a measly 2k...
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.