Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No mail offers for a few months

tag
mondo84
Valued Member

No mail offers for a few months

I'm not worried or anything, but it's interesting that I haven't received mail offers for new credit cards in a few months. I know this is probably a blessing for most people, but the amount and type of offers you receive are a great indicator of your credit.

I signed up for four, yes four, cards in May 2011 and then the Southwest VISA in late July (for the 50000 miles). The last time I checked my Experian was last summer (740) and my current FAKO is 765. Credit history is solid (no missed payments, low utilization, etc.).

I just find it interesting that it's been so long since I received a CC offer in the mail. I would have expected the recent openings/inquiries to have a smaller effect after 3-4 months.

What do you guys think?

Message 1 of 40
39 REPLIES 39
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Re: No mail offers for a few months

Did you accidently opt-out?

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 2 of 40
mondo84
Valued Member

Not to my knowledge.

Hmmm...how might I have done something like that? Could opting out occur due to some lack of action or response on my part?

Message 3 of 40
Jstic
Valued Member

I wouldn't worry about it, I have good scores, all three approaching 800 and I haven't gotten many offers lately in the mail either. I don't know why and don't care, it's less junk mail and that is a good thing IMHO. As far as I know, I have not opted out of anything.

Message 4 of 40
john398
Senior Contributor

The only ones I seem to get lately is from First Premier or Credit One which is odd because I have way better credit than those cards

Message 5 of 40
payingoffdebt001
Frequent Contributor

Never mind, i read your post wrong. Was going to say since you havent checked your credit reports since last summer maybe its time to check them, but I see that you have.  Never mind.

Message 6 of 40
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

I get offers from American Express, CITI when my utilization is low (<30%).   I get offers from FIrst Premier when my utilization is high >70%.

They all look the same in the trash can.

Message 7 of 40
FrugalRican
Blogger

I used to get a lot more before I got the Chase Freedom. Ever since then, I just get ones for AMEX Gold and the random straggler from another company in the last 2 or 3 months.

And in that time, my utilization has gone from 48% to 28%, so it's hit or miss.

Follow my financial journey: http://www.frugalrican.com

EQ FICO (01/16/2012): 656 - EQ FICO (02/16/2012): 743 - EQ (02/24/2012): 760 - EX (04/28/2012): 739 - GOAL 2013: 800+

AMEX BCE (0/10K) --- BOA 1-2-3 (0/15.9K) --- Discover More (0/6K) --- Chase Freedom Visa (0/1.4K) -- Hyatt Visa Sign. (0/5.8K) -- Barclay's NFL Card (0/7.5K) -- Chase Sapphire Preferred (0/5K)

Message 8 of 40
jamesdwi
Valued Contributor

don't worry,  Fingerhut will send you another catalog, and First Premier will send you some love shortly,  they probably filled there mail quota last month before it got to your name. 

Smiley LOL

Cards: Chase Southwest 20k & CSR 17k & CSP 10k & FNBO 30k Oregon Duck 5k, & AMEX BCP 32.5k & Amex Magnet 15k&amg; Hilton Surpass 7.5k & Delta Gold 12k & Zync NPSL, Fidelity AMEX 17k Commerce5.9k & Cash Forward 7.5k & Sams Club MC 20k, Paypal Extras MC 10k, Paypal Credit 7.25k CapOne Venture 15k, QS 2.5k, QS 750, Amazon 10k, Walmart 10k, Citi Simplicity 18k, Discover IT 23k and a nice stack of store cards.
Landmarkcu Personal Loan 10k
Message 9 of 40
afbar1114
Valued Contributor

if i put a freeze i wont get offers unless i already have an acct with that company?

AMEX PRG; AMEX EveryDay $14,800; Freedom $6k; Sapphire $7k; IHG Select $5k; Discover $2,400; BofA Better Balance $9,100; Bank Americard $5,900; Citi DC $2,700; Citi Diamond $2,500; BestBuy $20,000; Amazon Prime $5k, United Club $15,000; Home Depot $20,000; Barclays $7,500

Total Credit Limits: $122,650
Message 10 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.