Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more AMEX backdating?-UPDATE

tag
Repo-ed
Senior Contributor

Re: No more AMEX backdating?-UPDATE

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

Same thing happened to me. I have been an authorized user since 1998 (still am) and they put me as a new member since 2012 Smiley Mad

So I called the number on the back of the card today and they switched it right away, only took me 7 minutes on the phone with providing all my info (they didn't ask for the old card number). 9-12 business days and I will have my new card with the Member Since 98 on it Smiley Happy

Goes to show, despite their policy to not back date AU's, it can still be done.

5/2012: 560 credit scores across the board
12/2014: 750+
3/2017: 780+
11/2019: 833
2/2023: Experian via Chase United Explorer CC pull - 891
Message 41 of 69
bribro
Valued Contributor

@Repo-ed wrote:

@xiownthisplacex wrote:

Same thing happened to me. I have been an authorized user since 1998 (still am) and they put me as a new member since 2012 Smiley Mad

So I called the number on the back of the card today and they switched it right away, only took me 7 minutes on the phone with providing all my info (they didn't ask for the old card number). 9-12 business days and I will have my new card with the Member Since 98 on it Smiley Happy

Goes to show, despite their policy to not back date AU's, it can still be done.

As I understand it, they do backdate AU's, but they now only backdate you to the date you became an AU instead of the primary cardholder's member since date.

TU FICO: 800 (2/1/14) | CK Score: 802 (2/1/14) | CS Score: 805 (2/1/14)

J.P. Morgan Palladium ($250k) | AmEx Platinum (NPSL) | AmEx SPG Personal/Business ($50k/$50k) | Citi Executive AAdvantage WEMC ($50k) | Citi Dividend WEMC ($50k) | Chase Sapphire Preferred VS ($50k) | Chase Ink Bold WEMC ($50k Flex) | Chase Ink Plus WEMC ($25k) | Chase Freedom VS ($25k) | Chase Freedom WMC ($25k) | Chase MileagePlus Explorer ($25k) | Chase Southwest RR Plus Business/Personal ($15k/$15k) | Barclays US Airways ($25k) | Barclays Hawaiian Airlines ($25k) | BofA Alaska Airlines ($10k) | Lexus Financial Services ($30k) | Mercedes-Benz Financial Services ($50k)
Message 42 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny I saw this Thread, I was on the phone with AMEX about my ZYNC card showing member since 2012, while when I log on to my AMEX account online it shows member since 2005. The lady on the phone told me that won't be a problem, and to give them a week or so to correct it, supposedly they would mail out new card with the right member date.  I'l keep you guys updated, since this has been a question from many.

Message 43 of 69
drkaje
Senior Contributor

Aside from BCP I'm also on DGF's. It seems to have been backdated from the start. My ACM card stopped reporting on Eq in March, called to complain and nothing happened. Considered calling back again but I don't think it really matters that much in the bigger picture. Utilization would be improved, but I'm not going to sweat it.

Starting Score: 675
Current Score: EX 753 FICO, EQ 737FICO, TU 738
Goal Score: 776 FICO

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 44 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, my new Zync card just came in the mail, and it does say Member Since 99. Of course, I won't get excited until it starts reporting, but this is an encouraging sign.

Side note: I like my Zync card. I've been using it heavily. It's no Centurion, but it will do for me Smiley Wink

Message 45 of 69
Obt3wKLq5t
New Contributor

I just called in yesterday to get my AU Hilton card backdated to my earliest membership date instead of AU's actual issued date.  Took 5 mniutes and the rep told me I'll get a new card in a week.  So my main SPG card is from 1999, Hilton was from 2010 so I hope she was able to change it.

American Express SPG, Chase Freedom, Citi Forward, Citi Dividend World Elite, Discover More, Penfed Platinum Rewards, Kohls
Message 46 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

Message 47 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, my new Zync card just came in the mail, and it does say Member Since 99. Of course, I won't get excited until it starts reporting, but this is an encouraging sign.

Side note: I like my Zync card. I've been using it heavily. It's no Centurion, but it will do for me Smiley Wink

Hi HollyDay,

I was approved for an American Express Zync card last month of May and when I log on it also says member since 1999. Yesterday, when I pulled my Experian Credit Report it showed the Amercian Express account opened as of 05/99. Very Happy! I used to have an American Express Gold Card that I used in Europe years back.

Message 48 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi HollyDay,

I was approved for an American Express Zync card last month of May and when I log on it also says member since 1999. Yesterday, when I pulled my Experian Credit Report it showed the Amercian Express account opened as of 05/99. Very Happy! I used to have an American Express Gold Card that I used in Europe years back.

Well, I guess we are both Gold members from 1999 who are now Zync members! It sounds like it didn't take long for your card to start reporting, at least on Experian. I was kind of wondering how long it would take. Anyway, congrats on the backdating!

Message 49 of 69
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Hi HollyDay,

Well, I guess we are both Gold members from 1999 who are now Zync members! It sounds like it didn't take long for your card to start reporting, at least on Experian. I was kind of wondering how long it would take. Anyway, congrats on the backdating!

Yes, American Express reported to the credit bureau in lightening speed as approved for AMEX Zync in May and statement generated in less than one full month and pulled my Experian credit report day after American Express Zync statement generated and reporting on credit report.

Message 50 of 69
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.