Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more BankAmeriDeals?

tag
Marcos8
Established Contributor

No more BankAmeriDeals?

I've noticed that recently I have no available cash back deals on my BOA cash rewards card. No biggie as I am in the middle of a balance transfer payoff that will take a few more months to complete. Just wondering if these deals are still present for other card holders? ...not that they were ever that great and definitely couldn't compare to the deals on my BCP but wondering if it's just my account or not. Thanks

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21
kdm31091
Super Contributor

Re: No more BankAmeriDeals?

I still have them on my Wildlife (cash rewards) card. I've noticed lately they've been flaky about alerting me when new ones appear, though. I have  to manually look the list of deals and add them when I remember.

They're nice at times, often the caps are very low so it's not like it's huge money,  but they're better than nothing

Message 2 of 22
Marcos8
Established Contributor

Yeah they've been gone on my cash rewards for a bit. Hope nothing is wrong with my account. Everything seems fine so not sure what's up. 

Message 3 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marcos8 wrote:

I've noticed that recently I have no available cash back deals on my BOA cash rewards card. No biggie as I am in the middle of a balance transfer payoff that will take a few more months to complete. Just wondering if these deals are still present for other card holders? ...not that they were ever that great and definitely couldn't compare to the deals on my BCP but wondering if it's just my account or not. Thanks

Have you actually used to the card other than for a balance transfer lately? If you don't ever use the card, the rewards start to disappear little by little. 

Message 4 of 22
Marcos8
Established Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marcos8 wrote:

Have you actually used to the card other than for a balance transfer lately? If you don't ever use the card, the rewards start to disappear little by little. 

No I haven't used it at all since I don't mess around with a card once it has a 0% BT on it until it's all paid off. No regular purchases and only once a month payments in almost a year. Maybe that has something to do with it. 

Message 5 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Marcos8 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marcos8 wrote:

No I haven't used it at all since I don't mess around with a card once it has a 0% BT on it until it's all paid off. No regular purchases and only once a month payments in almost a year. Maybe that has something to do with it. 

Yes. You have to use the card because they like to "tailor" the offers for you; i.e. gas station deals, restaurants, etc. 

If you have a Bank of America debit card, that can be combined with the credit card purchases to tailor deals for you as well. 

Message 6 of 22
Runitup
Regular Contributor

The only time I use my 123 lately is for the deals. Whole Foods, Wawa gas, Starbucks, AutoZone... Def low thresholds but it's better than nothing.
Message 7 of 22
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

I still have them on my Wildlife (cash rewards) card. I've noticed lately they've been flaky about alerting me when new ones appear, though. I have  to manually look the list of deals and add them when I remember.

They're nice at times, often the caps are very low so it's not like it's huge money,  but they're better than nothing

I get alerts on my iPhone for new ones. 

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 8 of 22
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

These is my offers ... The Potbelly being like 2 days old?

IMG_0073.jpg

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 9 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

I went 2 months without anydeals, but now I have all the deals and more that the previous poster has. I'm not sure what triggers it, but I refused to use my card because my other cards have better rewards but now that the deals are back it has seen some use this month.

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.