Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more BankAmeriDeals?

tag
Closingracer99
Valued Contributor

Re: No more BankAmeriDeals?

@Anonymous wrote:

I went 2 months without anydeals, but now I have all the deals and more that the previous poster has. I'm not sure what triggers it, but I refused to use my card because my other cards have better rewards but now that the deals are back it has seen some use this month.

Well thats because I don't use my MLB rewards card at much really Smiley Tongue

My Cards: Amex BCE: $9,000, Amex Hilton HHonors: $2,000, Amex ED: $12,000, Barclays NFL extra points: $3,000, Bank of America MLB cash rewards: $17,000, BBVA compass NBA Amex triple double rewards: $17,000, Chase Amazon: $1,000, Chase Freedom: $9,000, Chase Sapphire: $5,000, Chase Slate: $5,000, Chase Disney: $4,000, Citi Double Cash: $5,400, Citi AA plat: $5,500, Citi Simplicity: $3,000, Citi Thank you preferred: $8,800, Capital one GM: $2,000, Capital one PlayStation: $3,000, Gamestop: $1,150, Amazon Store: $5,000, Ebay MasterCard: $5,000, American Eagle Storecard: $750, Macy's: $500
EX: 744, TU:750, EQ: 740
Message 11 of 22
SMikulski49
Regular Contributor

All my deals still show up, I use them whenever one comes up that I need as 10% is pretty good. 

Message 12 of 22
galahad15
Valued Contributor

I checked my available BankAmeriDeals and atm, they are listing 32 total offers for my BoA card.  Some of them are not too bad (5% on Whole Foods purchases, 10% on Maggiano's and Olive Garden restaurants, etc.).  I usually don't look at them too often, so perhaps I should be checking them more closely, lol...

Message 13 of 22
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@SMikulski49 wrote:

All my deals still show up, I use them whenever one comes up that I need as 10% is pretty good. 

+1

I still always get new deals and always have.

BofA is unique as i see it in that those buds n gals work ALL NIGHT and WEEKENDS in there too.

They have on numerous occsions lit up my alert system in the middle of the night with, you guessed it, "A New BankameriDeal Is Available"

Also they process payments in the middle of the night because i've checked them on that too Smiley Very Happy

BofA Really ROCKS!

Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

The best I've ever got was $50 for ATT.

Message 15 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Consistently get deals of 5-10% for PetSmart and Petco.  

Assumption could be made it's because I use the Cash rewards there everytime a deal pops up.  As the months progress, a deal is used, given, another one pops up immediately.

Message 16 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

There are BankAmerideals currently on my Cash Rewards card, I just checked.

None of mine are really for places I would ever use.

Message 17 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

Apparently it is driven my usage, since I just checked my BBR and there are no offers at all.

This would actually make sense in my case, though, since the card has never been swiped a single time.  I got a BT the night I activiated it, so I can't use it until the BT is PIF or else I'll have to pay interest on the new purchases.

This is the first time I've ever made payments on a major credit card without swiping it at least once... LOL. Smiley Very Happy

Message 18 of 22
NRB525
Super Contributor

@UncleB wrote:

Apparently it is driven my usage, since I just checked my BBR and there are no offers at all.

This would actually make sense in my case, though, since the card has never been swiped a single time.  I got a BT the night I activiated it, so I can't use it until the BT is PIF or else I'll have to pay interest on the new purchases.

This is the first time I've ever made payments on a major credit card without swiping it at least once... LOL. Smiley Very Happy

No, this is a misconception. Particularly, especially, with BofA. I've had BT's on both of my oldest BofA cards, which have no rewards other than the BT offers. I used the BankAmeriDeals often, and used them on a BofA card carrying a 0% BT offer.

The reason it works is, with BofA, if you watch the charge go Pending and then Posted, you can arrange an online payment and as long as your payments for the month are more than the Minimum Payment (which is going to be applied to the lowest or 0% APR balance first) plus those new charges, plus a few bucks extra just to cover the rounding, plus the dollars you are paying down the BT, you will not pay interest. I usually let the BankAmeriDeals (or whatever I'm charging) post a few days, then arrange an extra payment to cover them. It's not turned up as interest cost on my month end statement. This is using a BankAmeriDeal for Starbucks. Soon after these posted I paid an amount that covered them. No interest cost on the statement.

Don't try this with US Bank, you'll get caught in a $2 monthly minimum interest charge, but BofA and Capital One certainly can do this.

BofA Charge on BT 2016 Apr.JPG

High Bal Jan 2009 $116k on $146k limits 80% Util.
Oct 2014 $46k on $127k 36% util EQ 722 TU 727 EX 727
April 2018 $18k on $344k 5% util EQ 806 TU 810 EX 812
Jan 2019 $7.6k on $360k EQ 832 TU 839 EX 831
March 2021 $33k on $312k EQ 796 TU 798 EX 801
May 2021 Paid all Installments and Mortgages, one new Mortgage EQ 761 TY 774 EX 777
April 2022 EQ=811 TU=807 EX=805 - TU VS 3.0 765
Message 19 of 22
UncleB
Credit Mentor

@NRB525 wrote:

@UncleB wrote:

No, this is a misconception. Particularly, especially, with BofA. I've had BT's on both of my oldest BofA cards, which have no rewards other than the BT offers. I used the BankAmeriDeals often, and used them on a BofA card carrying a 0% BT offer.

The reason it works is, with BofA, if you watch the charge go Pending and then Posted, you can arrange an online payment and as long as your payments for the month are more than the Minimum Payment (which is going to be applied to the lowest or 0% APR balance first) plus those new charges, plus a few bucks extra just to cover the rounding, plus the dollars you are paying down the BT, you will not pay interest. I usually let the BankAmeriDeals (or whatever I'm charging) post a few days, then arrange an extra payment to cover them. It's not turned up as interest cost on my month end statement. This is using a BankAmeriDeal for Starbucks. Soon after these posted I paid an amount that covered them. No interest cost on the statement.

Don't try this with US Bank, you'll get caught in a $2 monthly minimum interest charge, but BofA and Capital One certainly can do this.

This is interesting (and good to know).  The night I activated my card the CSR who helped me seemed (?) quite knowledgeable, and specifically warned me that if I made any purchase at all - even a stick of gum - I would have to pay interest on it until the balance was PIF.

Clearly he was wrong, at least as long as my account has the exact same terms as yours.  There's no reason for me to use the BBR anyway since I have plenty of other cards I can use but it's nice to know it's possible.

Finally, I wish banks would get their facts straight when it comes to how this works with their accounts... Discover has a similar disclaimer in print on their site; they flat-out tell you that if you make new purchases while carrying a 0% BT you will pay interest, yet other people on here have said that in practice that's not the case either.

Thanks again for sharing... it's nice to know that in a bind at least using my BBR is an option.  Smiley Happy

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.