Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more Cap One!

tag
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: No more Cap One!

@Razeus wrote:

This is EXACTLY where I am with them.  I have a dispute outstanding so once that's over, that account is getting closed.  Been with them since 1998 and every time I CLI, I'm not eligble and I'm not able to PC to a new card.  Yet, they charge me $59 every year.

I went ahead and did an app since 'that's the only way I could get a different card" for their Cash Rewards cards.  I applied 9/1 and as of right now it's pending and in some sort of manual underwriting that should take "up to 15 business days."  I'm not sure what kind of systems they have, but's already ridiculous in my book.

I'm a few weeks away from putting CapOne out to pasture.  If I get denied for the Cash Rewards Signature Visa, I'm done with this company FOREVER. 

That's a hefty AF. I hope you get approved for the Cash Rewards. I'm just not willing to take 3 HP to app for a CC with them.

You might want to call a backdoor number re your app, instead of waiting on pins and needles. You may be able to verify some info or something to get it approved.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 11 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@cableguy123 wrote:

Yea i feel your pain they did the same too me too.. Had the card for 5 years they only bumped it to 1500 and then i called to close it and they told me the only thing they could do was reduce the rate on a zero balance for 6 months at a reduction of 3% and i had a AF on this card for 39.00.. Well today i went to check the mail guess what i see a Crap one offer.. at a rate of 22.9% and No Annual Fee on a Platinum card no way am i going to bite on that worm haha not sure why they could not had giving me this on my exsiting card i had in order to keep a customer!

I just really don't get their business model. I know they are successful; that can't be disputed. But I think they could be even more successful if they made some changes and allowed their CCs to grow with their customers.

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 12 of 18
Razeus
Frequent Contributor

I called the back door number listed in the sticky.  I'm getting Indian folks who aren't understand the information I need from them.  So I'll just call everyday to see if it just says denied and move on.  Unless someone knows of another number, I'm donig the waiting game.

My Wallet:
AMEX Platinum | Discover It $20.3k | Chase Sapphire Reserved $16k | Chase United $12k | AMEX SimplyCash Plus Business $11.6k | AMEX Schwab $9k | AMEX BCEP $8.2k | Citi Costco Anywhere Visa $8k | Chase Amazon Visa $8k | Chase Sapphire Preferred $7k | Chase Freedom $5k | Citi Simplicity $5k | Paypal Extras Platinum $5k | Wells Fargo $5k | Citi Best Buy $4.2k | Citi Visa Signature $3k | Care Credit $3k
Message 13 of 18
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@Razeus wrote:

I called the back door number listed in the sticky.  I'm getting Indian folks who aren't understand the information I need from them.  So I'll just call everyday to see if it just says denied and move on.  Unless someone knows of another number, I'm donig the waiting game.

I called the Escallations number on the backdoor sticky and got an American. Try that # and see what they say. (800.707.0489)

Message 14 of 18
cableguy123
Regular Contributor

The Escallations number is the same one i called and it sounds like they might just be like the rest and read from a scrpit and say well the best we can do is lower your apr a few % its a bunch of ******* if you ask me

Message 15 of 18
linux007969
Established Contributor

@cableguy123 wrote:

The Escallations number is the same one i called and it sounds like they might just be like the rest and read from a scrpit and say well the best we can do is lower your apr a few % its a bunch of ******* if you ask me

Try the following, I got Cash Back added to my $500 platinum card! The Case manager called me and he might have been in india or maybe south america, but he did his job!

Social Media Team (Facebook Team): Social@capitalone.com

Case Manager: 1-804-968-3587

When you email their facebook team all they ask for is your name, zip code and the discription of your issue. No other account info is needed.

Rebuilding Credit since 2016
Debt: Almost $80,000
Message 16 of 18
DeadSpider
Frequent Contributor

Not to rub it in but they also let me do  PC last week to CashRewards Sig card Smiley Happy. The only good thing my Cap! does is BT 1 year free interest if I ever needed for 3% fee.

Message 17 of 18
mrcrush20
New Contributor

Congrats!!! I still have three cap ones :'/

I did just get a cli from 500 to 750 on one card but still I can't wait for the day that a discover and case product close all of my capone accounts

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.