Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more US Bank Free Credit Score

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No more US Bank Free Credit Score

Just called Experian today. According to the lady, they have canceled their relationship with US Bank and will no longer be offering a free credit score for new accounts. If you previously had an Experian account with US Bank, then you will be grandfathered in into receiving a credit score supposedly. Hopefully this helps. 

For new customers like me who have been going through with the "under maintenance" notificaiton. Now you know..

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

Re: No more US Bank Free Credit Score

@Anonymous wrote:

Just called Experian today. According to the lady, they have canceled their relationship with US Bank and will no longer be offering a free credit score for new accounts. If you previously had an Experian account with US Bank, then you will be grandfathered in into receiving a credit score supposedly. Hopefully this helps. 

For new customers like me who have been going through with the "under maintenance" notificaiton. Now you know..

Thats great news. That Experian Plus score was absolutely useless. 

By the way, my EX Plus score is 743. if you're wondering for which month, or which year, it really doesn't matter. They are all exactly the same...

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 2 of 16
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

I closed my Cash+ 5 five months and it was still getting updated until last month

Message 3 of 16
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Mine has never come up, had the US Bank card for 11 months.  Showing the Maintenance message.  Whatever....

Message 4 of 16
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@thelethargicage wrote:
I closed my Cash+ 5 five months and it was still getting updated until last month

That's unusual to hear of a cash + being voluntarily closed! Interesting that you continued getting updates until last month.

I've yet to receive a score since I've obtained my cash +. Oh well!

Message 5 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

I just checked their credit cards online and still lists the free score as a benefit. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 6 of 16
longtime_lurker
Valued Contributor

@coldnmn wrote:

I just checked their credit cards online and still lists the free score as a benefit. 

+1 it was on their website two weeks ago too when I applied, and the rep mentioned it. Oh well, however - I'm sure it's not in my T&C.

Current cards: MSUFCU Platinum, Amex PRG, Amex Surpass, Amex BCE, Citi Prestige, Citi Double Cash, Citi Premier, US Bank Cash +, Huntington Voice, AAviator, Sallie Mae, Discover IT, Chase Freedom TU:753 EQ Enhanced: 758
Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Kenny wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

That's unusual to hear of a cash + being voluntarily closed! Interesting that you continued getting updates until last month.

Just having a US Bank credit card will not let you check your score. You have to go to the Experian partner site, create an account, and from there you will be able to check your score. Some people are already grandfathered in and were able to establish a membership. If you were not able to create an account during this time, you're out of luck.The lady said they were not accepting new applications at this time all for US Bank customers.

Message 8 of 16
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Kenny wrote:

@thelethargicage wrote:

Just having a US Bank credit card will not let you check your score. You have to go to the Experian partner site create an account, and from there you will be able to check your score. Some people are already grandfathered in and were able to establish a membership. If you were not able to create an account during this time, you're out of luck.

It seems strange they still advertise it on their web site I just checked. I wouldn't always take the word of a front line customer service rep. The first time I got it was from a link from my account page. If I'm getting it they must pay ex money monthly to provide it. I wouldn't think I would get it either if they parted ways. 

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

That is true if it isn't updated on the website I'm not sure if I would believe the rep. .Sometimes the reps can be misinformed or the website isn't updated yet.

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.