Established Contributor
valley_man0505

Re: No more luv for US Bank!!

My concern is that sometimes envelopes like this do specifically say "do not forward" on them.  I will check with my post office to see what they have to say about it before I contact the CCC.  Luckily, I am still in the same town, so it shouldn't be a problem.
Established Contributor
valley_man0505

They did it AGAIN!  Went on a family vacation a couple weeks ago.  I had used my US Bank card to hold a boat reservation.  When I went to pick up the boat, they tried running my card so they could put a $300 hold on it for the security deposit, but it was declined.  I knew I had at least $500 available credit, so I called US Bank to find out why I was declined.  Turned out they CLD'd me from $900 to $500 the previous day.  Luckily, I had another card to put the hold on. 

After having an $1100 limit and having no problems with handling it for a year and half with my secured card, I have already been CLD's down to $500 a few months after unsecuring it.  I wish I would have just left the thing secured.

To add insult to injury, some of my ex-wife's medical bills popped up in collections a couple weeks later.  I paid over $4000 last fall to pay for all (or so I thought) of her medical bills to get them off my reports.  My reports were finally clean of collections.  Then, out of nowhere, 2 more pop up that I never knew anything about.  Now, I am afraid to pay anything more than the minimum payment on my US Bank card cuz I'm afraid they are going to balance chase me all the way down.  I have had this card reporting $0 balance every month for almost a year now cuz I have always made sure to pay it off each month before reporting--now, they have scared me into keeping the card nearly maxed out to avoid further CLD's.

Regular Contributor
ExcellCR

Well you're a bigger man than I would be. B of A CLD me 2X by a total of 5 figures. So I cancelled the worthless plastic from them and closed my checking and savings while I was at it. I know they don't care but made me feel REALLY good! :smileyhappy: I hope your new Visa works out and you get the 3500 CL .

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}