Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No more "Always Double Miles"

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No more "Always Double Miles"

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, fevmlo!  Honestly, I think you made a wise choice.  I am surprised that they're letting you keep the ADM benefit for a year, but I'm happy to hear it worked out for you.

So, you're getting 10K additional bonus SkyMiles, and you're paying an aditional $55 for the privelege.  Even at the one-cent redemption rate you get with the Pay with Miles program, 10K SkyMiles are worth $100, so you've come out ahead right there.

In addition, don't forget about your domestic coach companion certificate, the little bonus that comes with the Platinum but not the Gold.

I definitely think you played this hand well. Smiley Wink  Nice going!

Why, thank you, Cheddar! Smiley Happy

That's pretty much how I'm looking at it... I am actually getting something for that extra $55 (I'd be a whole lot happier about it if the airlines weren't constantly "un"improving their FF programs the way they are!), and I was going to pay the $95 anyway. I was very surprised that they said I'd still get the Always Double Miles - but I'm pretty happy with the result. That'll keep the card usable for another year, always assuming AmEx doesn't do something nasty to it in the mean time!

My card's already showing as a Platinum on my summary of accounts on the website, incidentally. That was quick - I guess upgrades happen instantaneously, whereas product changes (at least in the case of my Blue-Blue Cash PC) happen in their own sweet statement-period-ending time!

Message 21 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just saw the television commercial for the Gold Delta SkyMiles card.  You know, the one that shows the couple on vacation snorkeling near the waterfall at the end.

They are still advertising:

"Start earning double miles in more places more often."

[Picture of gas pump.  Picture of bag of groceries.]

"Double SkyMiles.  Pump #4."  (Car pulling up to gas pump.)

"Double SkyMiles.  Aisle #7."  (Supermarket interior.)

"Double SkyMiles.  Row 14F."  (Woman carting home improvement supplies through a parking lot.)

This is just wrong.

Message Edited by cheddar on 11-10-2008 08:40 PM
Message 22 of 26
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

Doesn't that constitute blatantly false advertising?
Here we go again...
Message 23 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

They are just busy filming the new one:

Single SkyMiles: Woman using foodstamps

Single SkyMiles: Man purchasing the right to check one bag on Delta flight for $15

Single SkyMiles: A child buying stamps to ship in his AMEX Financial Review Documents

American Express Delta Skymiles - For Suckers An Annual Fee

Message 24 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

Grrrr, the bonus miles for switching to the Plat just hit my SkyMiles account today. And they've only given me 5,000, instead of the 10,000 promised in the upgrade offer. The 10,000 miles (plus keeping the double miles for a year) were the only reason I decided the AF was just about worth it.

We'll see about that. They can give me the extra 5,000 or refund me $55 and downgrade me back to Gold again. Smiley Mad 

Message 25 of 26
ChemGuy
Frequent Contributor

Hey Fevmlo, did you ever call AMEX to request that product change.  Is AMEX still allowing product changes?  Gosh, after that total debacle with AMEX and that "hold" that I reported in another post, you'd think I'd be done with them.  However, my Delta will come of age next month and I'm rethinking the AF.
Message 26 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.