cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No online cc apps accepted by Wells Fargo from non customers.

tag
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

No online cc apps accepted by Wells Fargo from non customers.

Just a bit of info for the forum.  While surfing for cc info from some of the different lenders, I decided to check out Wells Fargo.   When I tried to apply for a cc, it transferred me to a screen that stated,  "Wells Fargo is not accepting any online cc apps from people who are not customers".  It went on to state that you could apply in person at a local Wells Fargo branch.  The way I look at it, if I am not welcome to apply online, I sure wouldn't take the time to drive across town to do it.  I don't know if anyone else came across this but I just thought I would post it for everyone.  Hope the info helps. 
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
Rebs6767
Established Member

Re: No online cc apps accepted by Wells Fargo from non customers.

I received the same screen back in January '09. I live in Chicago & the closest branch is over 2 hours away.  I spoke to a Wells Fargo CSR for more info cause I wanted a Wells Fargo cc but wasn't driving to a branch.  Here is what I did:  I opened a Wells Fargo checking account online & funded it electronically with $100 from my BOA checking account.  This took about 3 bus days to clear.  I then received an online banking ID & was then able to apply for the credit card online since I was then a Wells Fargo customer.  I received my credit card in the mail a week later.  Then called back in & closed the checking account, received my $100 back a week later.  Never visted a branch; Beautiful!
Chase Id Protection EQ 636 EX 622 TU 652 6-01-2009
Chase Id Protection EQ 581 EX 634 TU 561 1-16-2009
MyFico EQ 550 12-18-2008
Message 2 of 4
Imhotrodcrazy
Valued Contributor

@Rebs6767 wrote:
I received the same screen back in January '09. I live in Chicago & the closest branch is over 2 hours away.  I spoke to a Wells Fargo CSR for more info cause I wanted a Wells Fargo cc but wasn't driving to a branch.  Here is what I did:  I opened a Wells Fargo checking account online & funded it electronically with $100 from my BOA checking account.  This took about 3 bus days to clear.  I then received an online banking ID & was then able to apply for the credit card online since I was then a Wells Fargo customer.  I received my credit card in the mail a week later.  Then called back in & closed the checking account, received my $100 back a week later.  Never visted a branch; Beautiful!

Rebs,  Way to go.  I like the way you handled it. I have a Wells Fargo in my town, but it just didnt set well with me how the ad sounded so I chose not to go into the bank personally.  I commend you for how you cured the problem, but it wasn't that important to me to go after the Wells Fargo card.  I thank you for taking the time to give me your info.  See you around the forum. 
FICO 08
TU 842 12/8/18
EX 840 12/29/18
EQ 842 12/8/18
(NASA 30K) ( Amex 44k ) ( Freedom 10.6K ) ( US Bank Cash+ 20k, LOC 15k ) Winners never quit, and quitters never win
last app 2/15
Message 3 of 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Rebs6767 wrote:

You sneaky little devil youSmiley Wink I like that plan though

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.