Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

No online cc apps accepted by Wells Fargo from non customers.

Just a bit of info for the forum.  While surfing for cc info from some of the different lenders, I decided to check out Wells Fargo.   When I tried to apply for a cc, it transferred me to a screen that stated,  "Wells Fargo is not accepting any online cc apps from people who are not customers".  It went on to state that you could apply in person at a local Wells Fargo branch.  The way I look at it, if I am not welcome to apply online, I sure wouldn't take the time to drive across town to do it.  I don't know if anyone else came across this but I just thought I would post it for everyone.  Hope the info helps. 
FICOS
TU 802 7/11/14
EX 797 7/6/14
EQ 752 7/28/14

Cash+ 19.5 / Amex 16.5 / US Bank loc 15k / Chase Freedom 10.6k
Established Member
Rebs6767

Re: No online cc apps accepted by Wells Fargo from non customers.

I received the same screen back in January '09. I live in Chicago & the closest branch is over 2 hours away.  I spoke to a Wells Fargo CSR for more info cause I wanted a Wells Fargo cc but wasn't driving to a branch.  Here is what I did:  I opened a Wells Fargo checking account online & funded it electronically with $100 from my BOA checking account.  This took about 3 bus days to clear.  I then received an online banking ID & was then able to apply for the credit card online since I was then a Wells Fargo customer.  I received my credit card in the mail a week later.  Then called back in & closed the checking account, received my $100 back a week later.  Never visted a branch; Beautiful!
Chase Id Protection EQ 636 EX 622 TU 652 6-01-2009
Chase Id Protection EQ 581 EX 634 TU 561 1-16-2009
MyFico EQ 550 12-18-2008
Valued Contributor
Imhotrodcrazy

Rebs6767 wrote:
I received the same screen back in January '09. I live in Chicago & the closest branch is over 2 hours away.  I spoke to a Wells Fargo CSR for more info cause I wanted a Wells Fargo cc but wasn't driving to a branch.  Here is what I did:  I opened a Wells Fargo checking account online & funded it electronically with $100 from my BOA checking account.  This took about 3 bus days to clear.  I then received an online banking ID & was then able to apply for the credit card online since I was then a Wells Fargo customer.  I received my credit card in the mail a week later.  Then called back in & closed the checking account, received my $100 back a week later.  Never visted a branch; Beautiful!

Rebs,  Way to go.  I like the way you handled it. I have a Wells Fargo in my town, but it just didnt set well with me how the ad sounded so I chose not to go into the bank personally.  I commend you for how you cured the problem, but it wasn't that important to me to go after the Wells Fargo card.  I thank you for taking the time to give me your info.  See you around the forum. 
FICOS
TU 802 7/11/14
EX 797 7/6/14
EQ 752 7/28/14

Cash+ 19.5 / Amex 16.5 / US Bank loc 15k / Chase Freedom 10.6k
Frequent Contributor
74king

Rebs6767 wrote:

You sneaky little devil you:smileywink: I like that plan though

Equifax 787, TransUnion 793, Experian ? FAKO--> Who Cares

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+