Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No specific place to ask this

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No specific place to ask this

Last month I had to take out a small bank loan to have the transmission replaced in my car. The 1st payment isn't due until 3/9 but I was planning to use tax refund money to pay it off.

For score sake--you guys think I'd be better off letting it report for a month or 2 or will I benefit more by paying it all off immediatly?

OT: still peeved about having to replace a transmission in a car with only 60k miles on it. I had much better things to do with $2400!!

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No specific place to ask this

Everything you pay monthly at the start will be interest so after paying on the account for 2 or 3 months the principle will still be nearly the amount you barrowed. The account will show PIF or paying as agreed for 7 more years.

What kind of car do you have that losy its transmision in 60K miles?

Message 2 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

2001 Mercury sable with documented transmission issues up through 2003 models and same transmission issues in the Windstar van (yes, I have researched this). No recall. Ford says "sorry but just so you know, we do have our employee pricing available". As if I'll ever buy another ford product after this
Message Edited by goingforadream on 02-13-2009 06:35 AM
Message 3 of 24
C-XRS2005
New Contributor

Sorry to hear about you tranny.  Buy a Toyota or Honda next time Smiley Happy
Message 4 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

@C-XRS2005 wrote:
Sorry to hear about you tranny.  Buy a Toyota or Honda next time Smiley Happy

I agree. Ford hasn't made a quality product in decades.

Message 5 of 24
smallfry
Senior Contributor

A Ford wouldn't last 10 years in your garage.
Message 6 of 24
oracles
Valued Contributor

I feel bad for saying this but, get a Toyota next time.

I love my country but unfortunately, greed has really deteriorated this country's auto industry.

Message 7 of 24
Anonymous
Not applicable

I hear ya Oracles. I was raised by a devoted union man. My whole life has been about buying American made products and I've always really tried to do that.

Now it's more about business--and my business is my family. American vehicles just aren't up to snuff with the toyotas and hondas. That's where I get more than a little frustrated with this stimulus business. It doesn't matter how much money we give the car makers if they're not going to use at least some of it to improve the product. It's just a matter of time before they are back in financial trouble because the public still isn't going to buy an inferior product.

Message 8 of 24
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

I had a Taurus and loved it. But sure enough, the transmission started to go.

Trannies seem to be one of the weakest parts of Ford/ Lincoln/ Mercury products. Smiley Sad

DH is 6'3", and he'd love to find a non-Japanese vehicle that is high-quality that he can fit into. Hasn't happened yet, though.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 9 of 24
WhirledPeasPlease
Moderator Emeritus

I could be the poster child for Saturn.  I was a latecomer to the Saturn fan phase, but I'm very pleased.  I had an 05 Saturn Ion 3 (manual, vrooom) and am now in an 08 Saturn VueXR.  I'm hard on cars inside and out and I have a vehicle that doesn't even mind!  Smiley Wink

Hauling:  Have hubby look at the Saturn Outlook.  Gorgeous car and a smooooooth ride!

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
From 700 in 2008 to 498 in 2012...
4/23/12 -- BK 13 date of filing EQ = 505
4/18/12 -- EQ 498
12/5/13 -- EQ 669
Here we go.... back on track.
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.