Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No zero balance statement for Comenity?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

No zero balance statement for Comenity?

As of last month's statement on 2/8 I had a balance of $789 on a limit of $3400 with my Total Rewards Visa.  I paid it down to $0 a few weeks ago and was waiting for it to report that $0 balance.  My statement date came and went two days ago and my EX report on CCT still shows a balance of $789 for Feb with no update for March.  I logged on to my account, clicked into the statements tab, and the last statement it shows is Feb 2016 with nothing for March.  Then I look up and see a note that says something like "There will be no statement for zero balance accounts."

Now, does this mean I won't see them update my reports until I have some kind of balance to report?  Should I charge a $1 candy bar or pack of gum to get that $789 off of there?  Seems kind of crazy.  Or am I jumping the gun a bit?

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No zero balance statement for Comenity?

Commenity doesn't report if there was no purchase activity in the previous month. You should get an update next time around if you make a small purchase.

Message 2 of 3
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: No zero balance statement for Comenity?

@Anonymous wrote:

Commenity doesn't report if there was no purchase activity in the previous month. You should get an update next time around if you make a small purchase.

OK, that makes more sense.  I've been carrying that balance for a couple of months and haven't purchased anything on it for a while.  I guess that means I'll have to fish it out from the bottom of the stack in the SD.

Thanks for the info!

Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.