Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody laugh...but

tag
Tran92
Regular Contributor

Re: Nobody laugh...but

@S7 wrote:

I just applied for my first ever CC..and I chose a walmart CC,( still in the rebuilding stage) and was approved for $400.  My very first CC!!! No laughing! 

Congrats! I was also approved last week for $400 too! Join the GE Club! Smiley Wink

TU 746 (10/13)
GOAL: 750+

Message 21 of 40
distantarray
Established Contributor

Walmart will get you a free FICO 08 score, your next journey should be to get a DCU account for your FREE monthly Equifax Fico04 scores (the one you want) same one they sell on this site. Then you'll be YEARS ahead of most people as you'll be getting REAL credit scores not fake ones =)

If your in PA get PSECU as well for your free Experian scores. Then you'll have the no need to buy a credit score ever again trifecta lol 

DCU is also a great credit union that helps people with low no / bad credit build their credit. =)

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 22 of 40
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 23 of 40
CruzImperial
Established Contributor

Congrats!!! They will grow right with you. First cc approved is always very nice.
Fico Scores: . Walmart TU 748 . Garden 8/19 2014 .

Cap One Journey 500 | Discover IT 500 | GE Home Design 5.6k | GE HHGREGG 5k | Amex Zync NPSL | Amex BCE 6k | Citi Forward 4.2k | Citi Dividend 3k | GE BrandsMart 1k | GE Lowes 8.5k | Discover Walmart 7.5k | Barclays Apple 2.5k | BoA CR 2.7k | CSP 7.2k | Platinum Prestige 5k | IT Chrome 4k | Slate 2.3k |
Message 24 of 40
marty56
Super Contributor

Back in my subrpime days, my 300 Sams card help me through some rough times.  As a GE product, it will help you down the road with them.  Ge is a great company to work with as long as you don;t burn them.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 25 of 40
S7
Established Contributor

Thank you for all the posts!!!!!!! I'm very excited!! Won't be treating this cc ugly, it's special! Lol! Hope to watch it and my score grow. ;-))))
"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 26 of 40
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@S7 wrote:

I just applied for my first ever CC..and I chose a walmart CC,( still in the rebuilding stage) and was approved for $400.  My very first CC!!! No laughing! 

No laughing here!  Congratulations on your beginning! 

All of us had to start somewhere, there's a smile on my face, remembering what that "first time" was like...that first shiny new credit card that meant I had "arrived" in this financial world.  It takes guts to take that first step and you did it.  You found this forum, so you're already ahead of the game.  Godspeed on your new financial journey!

Message 27 of 40
S7
Established Contributor

Thank you so much!!!!!!!! I'm super excited to start building this crazy thing called credit!! 

Hope to build enough, and maybe with a few raises at work along the way, buy a  new home next year!!!!!

I was considering applying for the Mastercard from my credit union, but I'm afraid!

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 28 of 40
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@S7 wrote:

CONGRATS!!!

No laughing needed, its a good card!!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 29 of 40
tinuviel
Moderator Emeritus

No laughter from me... I'm very happy for you! Smiley Very Happy

You're off to an excellent start. You've been approved for a good card that will grow with you. And -- importantly -- you obviously have taken the time to learn about credit related matters before starting to use your very first card, as witnessed by the fact that you have found these forums. You have an advantage by being armed with sound information as you embark upon becoming a credit card holder. Use your new credit wisely, and it will pay off for you handsomely in the future. Congratulations, and enjoy your new card!

Current Scores: EQ 775 (03/04/2014), EX 756 (03/01/2014), TU 760 (03/01/2014)
Ruby Spade Garden Club Member - Last App: 03/04/2013 - No apps until 2014
Cards: Cap1 Venture 6.4k, Cap1 Quicksilver MC 1.75k, BankAmericard 1-2-3 Visa Signature - UCF Alumni Association 5k, Discover 7k, Citi Diamond Preferred MC 10.35k, Wells Fargo Rewards Visa 7k, Chase Freedom 5k, Chase Ink 7.5k, Amex Green NPSL, Dillard's Amex 7.5k, JC Penney 7.5k, Kay Jeweler's 5.1k
Message 30 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.