Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nobody laugh...but

tag
JonStur
Established Contributor

Re: Nobody laugh...but

My first card was JC Penneys (1984 I think), for $150.00...we all gotta start somewhere...

Starting Score: TU 595 EX 600 EQ 585
Current Score: TU 820 EX 825 EQ 812
Goal Score: 800 Club (Mission Accomplished)

Amex Platinum, Amex BCP $17.5K, 5/3 Sig $10K, Capital One Quicksilver 15K, Walmart 10K, US Bank Cash+ 15K, Sam's Club 10K, Chase Freedom $6K, Discover More $15K, Chase United Club MileagePlus $33K, Costco $6K, CapOne Quicksilver One $7K, Cap One Quicksilver $5K, Amazon $3K, Barclays $12.5K, Home Depot $7.5K, AppleCard $6K
Message 31 of 40
HiLine
Blogger

Congrats! Many of us here had to start with a secured card; you're way ahead in the game! Smiley Wink

Message 32 of 40
wallyworld123
Frequent Contributor

Congrats to you.walmart offers are beneficial the free fico, the cash back up to a certain amount, the o% offer on electronics if you spend a certain amount, and most of all the cli every 4 months. They are lovable. Congrats again!

Message 33 of 40
S7
Established Contributor

This is very exciting!!! Thank you, I didn't realize there THAT many perks!! YAY!!! 

"When you are down in the mouth, remember, everything turned out ok for Jonah."

Current FICO's(by lender) 10/9/12
EX:649, EX:651, TU:683
Message 34 of 40
Express
Frequent Contributor

Great Start. Congrats!  Smiley Very Happy

CL $408,200
Message 35 of 40
ChesterPDexter
Established Contributor

That is an excellent start and you should be very pleased.  My son, who is just a student but earns money through his research job on campus, got a $300 limit USAA card as his first credit card ever during his first year of college.  A year after that he applied for another card with them and they gave him a second card with a $4,000 limit.

Good things like that are in store for you !

Not applicable

After owning my home for 15 months credit cards were thrown at me its a nice feeling to get that "YOUR APPROVED"

Message 37 of 40
dodfire
Valued Contributor

Congrats!!!!! I had to start over from square one 4 years ago....Got a First Premier with $250...and....NEVER want to be in that situation again!!! Take care of your card!!!

*8/10/13
Message 38 of 40
distantarray
Established Contributor

@S7 wrote:

I just applied for my first ever CC..and I chose a walmart CC,( still in the rebuilding stage) and was approved for $400.  My very first CC!!! No laughing! 

so cute! lol jk congrats =) lmao jk Smiley Wink

seriously congrats =D

total credit limits $108,400 Credit scores Ex 728 EQ 738 TU 758
Message 39 of 40
HappySoda
Valued Member

I started with a 200 dollar secured card from the worst card in the world. So you getting approved for that is a blessing. Make sure you never spend more than 50 bucks or so and for your first purchase let a very small balance report. Then for the remaining balances pay in full. Within 4 to 6 months it will be at 800 or more. Well no guarantees but there's a good chance.

Message 40 of 40
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.