Frequent Contributor

Non-AMEX Name Your CLI Cards

Do any creditors other than AMEX have similar 3X CLI programs?  Recognizing AMEX is not guaranteed, it does seem more likely than not based on anecdotal evidence shared around this board.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Valued Contributor

Re: Non-AMEX Name Your CLI Cards

My Walmart Discover card was pretty much a 3xCLI around the 70th day.  Got card around 9/10/12 and around 11/20/12 I went from 1.8k to 5.4k CL.

Starting Score: EQ 551 TU 548 CK 607on 6/8/12, EX 542(AMEX pull 3/4/12)
Current Score: EQ 710 TU 727 EX 704 CK 719(FAKO-EX 697, EQ 697, TU 697)
Goal Score: 750

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Valued Contributor

any ge card can give you pretty high limits fast. went from 800 to 5k in about 3 months. 

and its always a soft pull. 

other than that i have no idea since i only have a few companies in my wallet. 

Current: Discover Fico 709 3/15 Walmart Fico 743 4/15

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 6 TU 1 EX 6 | Most Recent: 4/09/2015
Over 12 Months:9

2015 Goals:
Lower Utility
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000
Valued Contributor

My wally card just turned 4-5mths old and i got a 3x CLI....not much but still it was techinally 3x. 

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $5.25k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $18k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Senior Contributor

No CLI is ever guaranteed. Amex  is the only one I've ever read about here with the 3x "rule." GE CLIs can be generous, but don't necessarily follow a 3x pattern. My Walmart went from 300 - 1k - 2k - 3.5k in 1 yr. My old navy also didn't do 3x CLIs, but went from 200 to 4k visa upgrade with CLIs throughout the year. 

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor

Most, if not all, issuers let you request as much as you want, not just three times the current limit. I got a five times increase on an FIA card, and more than three times on another of their cards.

Keep in mind that the American Expess three times the limit policy is not something that is guaranteed. A few people have said they thought it was and are disappointed when they do not get it. It is just that the system can only approve requests that are up to three times the current limit. I am unsure if an underwriter can go beyond that.

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Thanks for the answers.  Sounds like GE is fairly generous in this regard.

GangnamFICO wrote:

Because the chicks dig it when I throw down the card to the waiter and...it comes in handy if I'm short on cash until payday and need a short spot. AMEX gets the booty, and that's important when you're a Pirate.

Minor vulgarity edit --Rev

Advertiser Disclosure: The listings that appear on myFICO are from companies from which myFICO receives compensation, which may impact how and where products appear on myFICO (including, for example, the order in which they appear). myFICO does not review or include all companies or all available products.
† Credit cards for FICO Score ranges: The score ranges are guidelines based on actual applicant approvals and having a FICO Score in a particular range does not guarantee you will be approved for credit cards recommended in that range.

Copyright ©2001-2015 Fair Isaac Corporation. All rights reserved.   | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Sitemap

IMPORTANT INFORMATION: All FICO® Score products made available on myFICO.com include a FICO® Score 8, along with additional FICO® Score versions. Your lender or insurer may use a different FICO® Score than the versions you receive from myFICO, or another type of credit score altogether. Learn more

FICO, myFICO, Score Watch, The score lenders use, and The Score That Matters are trademarks or registered trademarks of Fair Isaac Corporation. Equifax Credit Report is a trademark of Equifax, Inc. and its affiliated companies. Many factors affect your FICO Score and the interest rates you may receive. Fair Isaac is not a credit repair organization as defined under federal or state law, including the Credit Repair Organizations Act. Fair Isaac does not provide "credit repair" services or advice or assistance regarding "rebuilding" or "improving" your credit record, credit history or credit rating. FTC's website on credit.