Did you mean: 

NooOOOooo Waaaayy!!!

tag
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: NooOOOooo Waaaayy!!!

@jennylocha wrote:

@drewrico wrote:
I'm 90% sure the credit scores you buy here are not accurate either.

WHAT?! Now thats just too much! Bite your tongue! I rely on MyFico to get the best scores for my overall credit portfolio. If I find out that its not accurate, I don't know what I'll do..... *sigh*

The EX and EQ scores here have some value (the EQ score here is still the most commonly used by mortgage lenders, the EX is one that lenders might be moving to) but the TU one is old and is used by practically no-one, and on any other site would be called a FAKO.

Message 11 of 24
improvingmycredit
Valued Contributor

+1 @longtimelurker
It is a necessitity to be as spot on regarding knowing your actual FICO scores because so many institutions we rely on utilize them. The FICO scores acquired here are the closest thing to what the various lenders use to determine credibility. I'm a big proponent of "it's what's on your report" not your score that matters. If everyone focuses on this- the scores come along just fine. Knowing the general criteria of how the score is determined to focus on the "right" aspects on the CRs is the way to go.

Starting Score: 642
Current Score: EQ 773, EX 780, TU 777 (All FICO)
Goal Score: 800+

Cards: NFCU Flagship 50K, DC 30K, BCP 28.6K, Arrival+ 25K, Citi DP 22.8K, CSR 20.5K, TotalRewards 25K, QuickSilver 20K

Message 12 of 24
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

I've had the TU98 score from myFICO match pulls from two of my creditors ~ NFCU and another small credit union. So it is still used by lenders.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 13 of 24
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@pizzadude wrote:
I've had the TU98 score from myFICO match pulls from two of my creditors ~ NFCU and another small credit union. So it is still used by lenders.

Did they pull TU98?   Some scores will match anyway, just like FAKOs sometimes do.

Message 14 of 24
myjourney
Super Contributor

Fico, Fako iin this case it just says either way your moving in the right direction....upward Smiley Wink

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 15 of 24
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@jennylocha wrote:

How accurate is this program provided by Amex? 

It's not. However, the value in any CMS is monitoring your credit over time -- not just one particular snapshot.

Message 16 of 24
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@jennylocha wrote:

So you're just going to kill my dream, huh? I am so canceling this service then. I'm so mad right now, I thought it was accurate because it provided me with my credit report and everything!

Total Epic FAIL! Smiley Sad

I think having a CMS and checking all three reports and scores (even if they are FAKOs) is very valuable IF you are rebuilding and/or wanting an easy way to monitor.

I started with WF CMS (CreditXpert) about 15 mos ago and watched my scores steadily increase from 598-615 up to 730-779. Well worth the investment.

But, I've made sure to check my FICO score before I apply for new credit. So far, so good.

And congrats on breaking the 700 mark, even if it's a FAKO. From my experience, my FAKO scores were not actually that far off from FICO, sometimes within 2-7 pts.

Message 17 of 24
LS2982
Mega Contributor

CONGRATS anyway your moving up OP!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 18 of 24
pizzadude
Credit Mentor

@longtimelurker ~ yes they both provided me with a TU FICO last year, which matched up with my TU score pulled from myFICO.
March2010 FICO® ~ 695 TU, 653 EQ, 697 EX
Message 19 of 24
nyancat
Established Contributor

@drewrico wrote:
I'm 90% sure the credit scores you buy here are not accurate either.

They're ALL accurate for what they are. The score you buy here is a "true FICO" but is no closer to what a lender sees than a Credit Karma or similar score - because the FICO product they sell you and the products they sell banks aren't the same model.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.