Frequent Contributor
enxinas

Noob have some questions.

[ Edited ]

Ok guys, I was just approved for Amex BCE, and Discover It Student about 2 weeks ago. I'm thinking of calling Chase, and ask for a CLI becuase it's been 6+ months now since my last CLI.  Should I ask for a CLI?? I'm also going to do the Amex 3x CLI in 61 days from May 31st...

More info about me: Full time college student, with a part time job, and I get grants and fin aid.. I'm also going to take out private student loans in the next couple of months....

TU: 719 (Discover: 12/14)     EX: 718 (WF)      EQ: 755 (myFICO)
I am a gardener til 7/1/14 or beyond

webhopper

Re: Noob have some questions.

[ Edited ]

Personally, I wouldn't because Chase usually requires a HP in order to do a CLI.

Give it another 6 months and then ask.

Have you explored your options with federal student loans?  I hate to see someone take out private student loans when there are subsidized federal loans available.

I went to college on grants and did not have to take out any student loans during those years on the grants.

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Mega Contributor
LS2982

If your willing to give up a HP go for it! IMO id wait a year.

Silver Spade Garden Club Member - Last App 12/16/13 - Looking for a clean slate NO INQ's / Diamond Inspired!
Starting Score:
EX (PLUS) 583 EQ FICO 565 TU FICO 590 3/15/2011 / Goal Scores: 720
Current Score: EX FICO (PSECU) 671 (myFICO) N/A / EQ FICO 679 / TU08 FICO 678 / TU VS 706 3/6/2014
Frequent Contributor
enxinas

[ Edited ]

webhopper wrote:

Personally, I wouldn't because Chase usually requires a HP in order to do a CLI.

Give it another 6 months and then ask.

Have you explored your options with federal student loans?  I hate to see someone take out private student loans when there are subsidized federal loans available.

I went to college on grants and did not have to take out any student loans during those years on the grants.

Oh the only reason I'm taking a private studen loan is because i don't have money for the security deposit required for the place I found. Aside from that, I have a fed subsidized student loan, but the money from all my fin aid will be disembursed too little too late.. (a week before school starts).

That said, I won't ask for a CLI on Chase then.. lol

Frequent Contributor
enxinas

Bump cos I don't want to make another thread.

That said, I'm thinking of applying for another card before I garden for 3 months... Should I apply?

Or maybe just raise the CL of my Best Buy card (which is Capital One) because it's been at $800 ever since I first got it..??

Mega Contributor
Creditaddict

enxinas wrote:

That said, I'm thinking of applying for another card before I garden for 3 months... Should I apply?

Or maybe just raise the CL of my Best Buy card (which is Capital One) because it's been at $800 ever since I first got it..??

Check if you have Best Buy Plan A or B... if it's B you are stuck at what you are at... if it's A request request request (right online) it's SP and should be instant...

might just have to apply for increase to find out what type you have.

You could add a Citi Card to your mix and you can do the pre-qual they have on their site... I wouldn't bother applying right now though if you don't get an offer.

Fico Scores: EQ 639 Navy, TU 667 GE, EX 677 Prosper (06-27-14)
You will have to put up Electric Fence to keep me in the garden!
Highest Limit: Fidelity Amex $25k (AU)
Lowest Limit: Buckle $250
Over 30 Cards in between :smileytongue:
Frequent Contributor
enxinas

Creditaddict wrote:

enxinas wrote:

Check if you have Best Buy Plan A or B... if it's B you are stuck at what you are at... if it's A request request request (right online) it's SP and should be instant...

might just have to apply for increase to find out what type you have.

You could add a Citi Card to your mix and you can do the pre-qual they have on their site... I wouldn't bother applying right now though if you don't get an offer.

Thanks! I just increased my CL, and I'm also prequal on a bunch of cards: Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card, Citi® Platinum Select® / AAdvantage® World MasterCard®, and Citi Simplicity® Card.

Is it just me, or knowing how to increase CL, and managing CCs are addicting? lol

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+