Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstom's Visa Signature - Instant Approval

tag
CraveMazda
Contributor

Nordstom's Visa Signature - Instant Approval

Right now, until Sept 16th Nordstroms's is offering triple points to cardholders. They were also offering a special bonus for a skincare line I use so I decided to take the plunge today and apply for their visa card. Got approved for $5K! YaySmiley Very Happy! I'm really thrilled because I wanted to get another card with a higher limit before closing my $700 Cap One card that charges me $29/year. I haven't even used the card in a year...

Question. Why do people set out to get so many credit cards? I've noticed on peoples signatures that they have various cards but we all know we don't use all of them. Is there a reason other than helping lower utilization (if you have balance) that one needs so many cards?

Cap 1 Plat: $750 | Zync: NPSL | NFCU Rewards MC: $23K | Nordstrom Visa: $10K | USAA Amex: $4K | Chase Freedom: $5K | Discover IT: 11,500K | BCE: $ 11K
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Re: Nordstom's Visa Signature - Instant Approval

CONGRATS on your approval!!

IMO people just either want the card for a specific purpose for purchasing or like you said, to lower util.

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 2 of 18
gettnthere
Established Contributor

Congrats!Smiley Happy

Starting Score: EQ 609, EX 633(Fako), TU 700
Current Score: EQ 699, EX 758, TU 733
Goal Score: 720 across the board
Garden Club Member-GC Challenge: App free since 10/31/12 Smiley Wink
Message 3 of 18
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@CraveMazda wrote:

Right now, until Sept 16th Nordstroms's is offering triple points to cardholders. They were also offering a special bonus for a skincare line I use so I decided to take the plunge today and apply for their visa card. Got approved for $5K! YaySmiley Very Happy! I'm really thrilled because I wanted to get another card with a higher limit before closing my $700 Cap One card that charges me $29/year. I haven't even used the card in a year...

Question. Why do people set out to get so many credit cards? I've noticed on peoples signatures that they have various cards but we all know we don't use all of them. Is there a reason other than helping lower utilization (if you have balance) that one needs so many cards?

CONGRATS ON THE CARD...

And to answer your question...I apply for cards to see if I can get them. And of course when it's approved...I'm over the moon. I'm addicted I tell you!! LOL.

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 4 of 18
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

@CraveMazda wrote:

Who is We?  Other than secured cards for rebuilding, I don't have cards that I don't use or intend to keep.    Granted some store cards don't get used often, but that is the nature of their product line.

Message 5 of 18
mrsbagalot1222
Established Member

congrats this is one of the cards I aspire to, hopefully by the holiday season next year

~Current Wallet: NFCU Signature CashRewards Visa $5000/AAFES Military Star Card $3600/NFCU NavCheck $1500/Applied Bank $700/Amazon GE $700/Walmart GE $500/Credit One $500/Paypal Smart Connect $300/Orchard Bank: $300/WFNNB-Comenity Bank:Victoria's Secret $300/Express $250/New York&Company $250~
Message 6 of 18
DailyDriver
Valued Member

Congrats!

Right now I have 3 cards:

Citi Forward - use for purchases at Amazon, bookstores, and restaurants (sit down and fast food)....some people do not like Citi Rewards, but I like the ablility to get Best Buy Gift Cards or Student Loan Checks (my student loan provider does not accept credit card payments).

Citi Dividend World Mastercard- When I signed up it had 5% for gas, groceries, and drugstores (now revolving and potentially SD'ing when paid off)

Discover More- revolving 5% (applied for the 18 months 0% balance transfer)

Cards I am still interested in:

Amex BCP - 6 points for groceries would be big (I spend between $300-$400 a month on groceries)

US Bank Cash Plus- 5% on bill pay, to a lesser extent home improvement

Traveling card of some sort (Chase Sapphire Preferred or Amex Starwoods- do not travel as much as I would like to so I would want a flexible card, but would use for my 1% purchases at places like Target and Best Buy where I do not want to sign up for the store card)   

The Nordstrom card would be one I would be interested in if I had a store closer to me.  The only other stores I would be interested in are REI (none local) and Williams-Sonoma (reward requirements are too high for what I would purchase).

Citi Forward $6K l Citi Double Cash $7K l Chase Sapphire Preferred $10.3K l Discover IT $12K l Chase Freedom $5K l Chase United 10k l Chase Slate 7.2k l Amex Hilton HHonors $12.1K l NFCU GoRewards Visa 16.6K l Barclay US Airways World Mastercard $8K
Message 7 of 18
maiden_girl
Valued Contributor

@DailyDriver wrote:

Congrats!

Right now I have 3 cards:

Citi Forward - use for purchases at Amazon, bookstores, and restaurants (sit down and fast food)....some people do not like Citi Rewards, but I like the ablility to get Best Buy Gift Cards or Student Loan Checks (my student loan provider does not accept credit card payments).

Citi Dividend World Mastercard- When I signed up it had 5% for gas, groceries, and drugstores (now revolving and potentially SD'ing when paid off)

Discover More- revolving 5% (applied for the 18 months 0% balance transfer)

Cards I am still interested in:

Amex BCP - 6 points for groceries would be big (I spend between $300-$400 a month on groceries)

US Bank Cash Plus- 5% on bill pay, to a lesser extent home improvement

Traveling card of some sort (Chase Sapphire Preferred or Amex Starwoods- do not travel as much as I would like to so I would want a flexible card, but would use for my 1% purchases at places like Target and Best Buy where I do not want to sign up for the store card)   

The Nordstrom card would be one I would be interested in if I had a store closer to me.  The only other stores I would be interested in are REI (none local) and Williams-Sonoma (reward requirements are too high for what I would purchase).

Off topic but how is the citi forward card? After going through the motions with citi bank...I still want their damn card! LOL!

As of 2017, rebuilding...
Message 8 of 18
DailyDriver
Valued Member

@maiden_girl wrote:

Off topic but how is the citi forward card? After going through the motions with citi bank...I still want their damn card! LOL!

I have not had a problem with it.  It is my first card, which I started as a student MTVu card and was upgraded.  It had an auto CLI when I was using it regularly.  The APR is at 16.99% which is not too bad for the points it can accumulate.  It does not say Visa Signature, but when Fandango runs a Visa Signature promo for b1g1 free tickets, the Forward card works.

Citi Forward $6K l Citi Double Cash $7K l Chase Sapphire Preferred $10.3K l Discover IT $12K l Chase Freedom $5K l Chase United 10k l Chase Slate 7.2k l Amex Hilton HHonors $12.1K l NFCU GoRewards Visa 16.6K l Barclay US Airways World Mastercard $8K
Message 9 of 18
Cadillac-XTS
Established Contributor

Congrats

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.