cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom - $6K CL, Why No Visa Signature?

tag
IEM
Established Member

Nordstrom - $6K CL, Why No Visa Signature?

I got my Nordstrom CL increased to $6K, from $3K previously, but I was denied for the Visa Signature. Any idea why?

Also, my statement closed yesterday, and I got the CLI today. Will the old or the new CL be reported to the CRAs?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Nordstrom - $6K CL, Why No Visa Signature?

@IEM wrote:

I got my Nordstrom CL increased to $6K, from $3K previously, but I was denied for the Visa Signature. Any idea why?

Also, my statement closed yesterday, and I got the CLI today. Will the old or the new CL be reported to the CRAs?

Very strange. I have a nordstrom visa but i was acutally approved for the visa first time around. I have 7.5k limit on it. wonderful store!! also try to call and mention how much you want the visa. Is it soft or hard.

Amex Platinum Amex Blue - 30k Chase Freedom - $25k Discover IT 22K Lowes - $24k Citi ThankYou 16k Amex Delta 15k
Home Depot - 18k Bloomingdales - $12k Nordstrom - 8k Saks 6k
Macys 5k Walmart 3k Vic Secret 1.5
Message 2 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

If your statement cut yesterday then your CLI will not report until next month.
Message 3 of 8
armbenderc
Valued Contributor

@09Lexie wrote:
If your statement cut yesterday then your CLI will not report until next month.

This is correct. I would be calling them to see if they can give you Visa Sig, since your limit is 6k.

2013 Approvals: Discover IT - 3/1, Amex BCE - 3/4, CSP - 5/4, Barclay Ring - 6/12, BoA Privileges Cash - 6/27, Citi TY Preferred - 8/6, OCCU Duck - 11/4, USBank (Cash+) - 11/22, Wells Fargo - 12/21, Nordstrom - 12/29

12/19/2013, $100k+ Available Credit. Total Util: 0-1%
Message 4 of 8
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Message 5 of 8
IEM
Established Member

@09Lexie wrote:
Did they give you a reason for denial?

No, just said I would receive a letter in the mail.

Message 6 of 8
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

@IEM wrote:

@09Lexie wrote:
Did they give you a reason for denial?

No, just said I would receive a letter in the mail.

From my app with Chase, I read in the fine print that they see if you qualify for the Visa Sig first and if not they give you the Visa. I wonder if the same is true for Nordstrom.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 7 of 8
GWilliam
Valued Member

Unfortunately,  Nordstrom only offers the Signature Visa now, they did offer the regular Visa in the past and would offer it if you didn't qualify for the Signature. 

Starting Score: EQ 530 TU 550
Current Score: EQ 693 TU 697
Goal Score: 720+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.