Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom 7 mo SP CLI after auto CLI?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom 7 mo SP CLI after auto CLI?

Nordstrom gave me an auto CLI in June, when I'd just had the card 4.5 months.  I've read on these forums that they will take a CLI request with SP at 7 months. My account is just now 7 months old.  Should I try for the CLI now or wait 7 months from the auto CLI instead of the open date?  This CL is at $4500, and I really want at least $500 more so it can be converted to the Visa.

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Nordstrom 7 mo SP CLI after auto CLI?

A few days ago I reached out to Nordstrom Card Services on private message from the site and requested upgrade to Visa. They responded saying the are unable to complete the request due to current ongoing system enhancements and to try again in the fall. I thought it was a strange response but I'm going to go with it. Interested to hear what other people may have to say on this since I too want the shiny Nordstrom card.

Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's not shiny anymore.. It's a dull grey color lol
Message 3 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
It's not shiny anymore.. It's a dull grey color lol

Awh :-(

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

A few days ago I reached out to Nordstrom Card Services on private message from the site and requested upgrade to Visa. They responded saying the are unable to complete the request due to current ongoing system enhancements and to try again in the fall. I thought it was a strange response but I'm going to go with it. Interested to hear what other people may have to say on this since I too want the shiny Nordstrom card.

That's interesting that they told you that.  They told others summer, which is now.  I wonder if they keep pushing it out and will eliminate the Visa version.

Message 5 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well that's strange. I don't see why they would eliminate the Visa card. Hopefully it's just as they say and eventually they will upgrade us once they get their 'enhancements' sorted out. I have to admit though the web site works/functions horribly on my mobile and could be they are also including a new site as part of the enhancements. I'll think positive, maybe they are coming out with a new shiny card too? Haha... 

Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, I called.  I hate it when they ask how much credit I want, because I would rather they just give me what they are willing to give me.  She asked, and I said $5000, because I know that's the threshold for the Visa. She increased it to $5000 and told me to call back on Monday to have it changed to a Visa "no problem."

I probably left some on the table only asking for $500 more.  I just didn't want to push my luck.  Maybe after they change it to the Visa, I'll ask again.  I got what I wanted for now.

Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Did they have to do a HP?
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nevermind, I just called and tried the same and it was not a HP. Unfortunately I received an auto-CLI recently and they won't bump me up yet high enough for VS anyway so I'm back to waiting.
Message 9 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I called back today, as the rep told me to do.  Today, the person told me that their system is undergoing changes and to call back "in a few weeks."

They've been stalling on the Visa conversions for a long time now.  I wonder if any one has gotten a conversion since it switched to TD bank.  I'm starting to think it's never going to happen.

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.