Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Application

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom Application

Applied last night after reading a few Nordstrom post.(couldn't help it!)
Overall a great store..got the 7-10day message on line, called and rep said my app is being processed. First thing this morning 11:05am I called, told by rep, my app was denied because they could not verify my name! gave the necessary info after 10mins she said that i would be receiving my card in the mail 7-10, along with my original denied letter.
CL -$1500.
Processed with their own Bank and pulled from EQ-622 (official FICO score)
Inqs on CR as of today 3, 1 on 4/07 & 11/07 (just for any one who may thing of applying)

CS as of 12/10/07
EQ-622
TU-629
EX-615, all are offical FICO. Paid $47.00, but worth to know the exact inqs
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: Nordstrom Application

Congratulations! Geez, when are they going to build a Nordstrom's in my area??? Everything I've read says that they are great to grow with.

BTW, the next time that you pull your scores, be sure to Google FICO coupon or FICO discount code to get at least 10% off, and sometimes better. If you can't find anything there, call myFICO customer service, and they'll give you one for 10%. This score-pulling thing is an expensive little habit I've picked up! Smiley Tongue
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats Sasmith !!

I am so incredibly jealous (j/k....) as I do 90% ++ at Nordstrom. Great perks with this card as well as future opportunity for Nordstrom Visa.

I was just there yesterday but will hold of on apping until summer of 08 after mortgage.

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks!
Called back to find out what Tier/APR I had, was told T5, with 22%apr..YIKES!!
she was very nice to volunteer in letting me know that after a few mths of pay history my Tier would change, without a problem. They look at pay history ,eg. paying off more than balance and paying in full.
PS: they have a great SPA
Message 4 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

Hi sasmith, did you apply for the store card or the visa card? Which card did they approve you for?
Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

No more Apps for me..(gonna try real hard)
Waiting on my Hooty Card and this would be it, need to get my balances down and some disputing to do.
Every time i visit this site, I get the Application Itch!!makes me wanna apply for something,
My first night here..I started drooling so I got the nerve to apply for a AMEX !!!
yeah, I was bold...got declined.
Couldn't sleep all night kept thinking about Nordstrom.
But,..the Hooters CL, made it very tempting for me, applied last Thursday, still waiting.
Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Started small, went for the Store Card!
Message 7 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

What CR did they pull. If it is EX then I have to wait for at least a year before I app. If it is TU then it is worth trying for me.
Message 8 of 14
Red1Blue
Super Contributor

I read your post again. You said it is from EQ. Thank you. I just apped for Citi card yesterday. I'll wait to see what happens and then try Nordstrom Visa. From what I hear they seem to very pleasant to deal with and they take good care of their customers.
Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Super congrats, and WTG! Smiley Happy A very nice starting cl. Smiley Happy

Merry Christmas! lol
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.