Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom BK Friendly?

tag
anca21bi
Frequent Contributor

Nordstrom BK Friendly?

I applied for just the Nordstrom debit card and was denied because I had too many inquiries-that was Dec. 2012... Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, my sister who has a EX credit score of 590, multiple inquiries and a bankruptcy that was finalized back in 2004 (which Nordstrom was included in her bankruptcy) applied for a Nordstrom retail card online received the 7-10 day notice and received the approval letter and card in the mail for $500 cl. She told me to apply since my EX credit score was over 600 and that is what they checked. I get the 7-10 day notice as well, waited and received a letter that I was denied due to bankrupcty, although mine was finalized in 2009. So I called in thinking what the heck, and they just said wait another year, even though I still will have a Bk on my report another year from now. Then they said to apply for their debit card which I told them I tried... some things just aren't making sense here! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Nordstrom BK Friendly?

@anca21bi wrote:

I applied for just the Nordstrom debit card and was denied because I had too many inquiries-that was Dec. 2012... Fast forward to a couple of weeks ago, my sister who has a EX credit score of 590, multiple inquiries and a bankruptcy that was finalized back in 2004 (which Nordstrom was included in her bankruptcy) applied for a Nordstrom retail card online received the 7-10 day notice and received the approval letter and card in the mail for $500 cl. She told me to apply since my EX credit score was over 600 and that is what they checked. I get the 7-10 day notice as well, waited and received a letter that I was denied due to bankrupcty, although mine was finalized in 2009. So I called in thinking what the heck, and they just said wait another year, even though I still will have a Bk on my report another year from now. Then they said to apply for their debit card which I told them I tried... some things just aren't making sense here! 

AFAIK, Nordstrom Bank can be somewhat BK friendly.  However, the BK needs to have aged considerably (> 6 years) before they can consider you for their store CC (non-Visa Siggy).  An item to keep in mind, the more optimal your profile looks the better your chances.  Essentially, above average scores, relatively clean profile besides the BK, low utilization, no new tradelines/inquiries in a 6-8 month period before applying, etc.  As far as their Debit CC, I'm sure someone can chime in with regard to similar experiences.

Message 2 of 3
TATATA
Regular Contributor

Re: Nordstrom BK Friendly?

@FinStar wrote:

@anca21bi wrote:

AFAIK, Nordstrom Bank can be somewhat BK friendly.  However, the BK needs to have aged considerably (> 6 years) before they can consider you for their store CC (non-Visa Siggy).  An item to keep in mind, the more optimal your profile looks the better your chances.  Essentially, above average scores, relatively clean profile besides the BK, low utilization, no new tradelines/inquiries in a 6-8 month period before applying, etc.  As far as their Debit CC, I'm sure someone can chime in with regard to similar experiences.

I was shopping today at Nordstrom's and applied for their credit card. Got approved for $500.  Utilization was over 60%. BK discharged 01/09. 

Total CL's combine: $150,600.
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.