cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Backdate! Nice to meet you all!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nordstrom Backdate! Nice to meet you all!

I am a long time lurker Cat LOL  lol Well I started my rebuild one year ago and without all of you I would be lost and in the dark! Long story short i found it easy to rebuild im back in the game in under a year but how so fast you ask its because ALL OF YOU!  Well I went from 13 Collections to 0 now I have 12 Active good standing accounts. Problem is I have 4 month credit history YIKES! So I remember I had a Nordstrom card back in 1989 so i applied and was denied so I contacted EO(Learn that here thanks!) and was approved. So I remember I was reading on here about Amex backdating and someone said they manged to get nordstrom backdated so I gave it a shot i asked the nice gentlemen if it was possible to reinstate my 25 year old account (5 seconds of awkward silence) NO! We cant sorry BUT I will have it listed for you as a 25 year old account, you just wont have your old payment history. Did not want an old account number and did not try to find it in the system BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! I was so happy WELL I got the card yesterday and it says member since 1989!! and also the paper it was attached to said, Thank you for being apart of the Nordstrom family again! It did not hit my reports yet but i will update here when it does!

HOPE TO POST MORE and learn more from you all!!!

Sorry if there are typos im at work and shouldnt be doing this....Hehe....

Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Backdate! Nice to meet you all!

@Anonymous wrote:

I am a long time lurker Cat LOL  lol Well I started my rebuild one year ago and without all of you I would be lost and in the dark! Long story short i found it easy to rebuild im back in the game in under a year but how so fast you ask its because ALL OF YOU!  Well I went from 13 Collections to 0 now I have 12 Active good standing accounts. Problem is I have 4 month credit history YIKES! So I remember I had a Nordstrom card back in 1989 so i applied and was denied so I contacted EO(Learn that here thanks!) and was approved. So I remember I was reading on here about Amex backdating and someone said they manged to get nordstrom backdated so I gave it a shot i asked the nice gentlemen if it was possible to reinstate my 25 year old account (5 seconds of awkward silence) NO! We cant sorry BUT I will have it listed for you as a 25 year old account, you just wont have your old payment history. Did not want an old account number and did not try to find it in the system BEST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER! I was so happy WELL I got the card yesterday and it says member since 1989!! and also the paper it was attached to said, Thank you for being apart of the Nordstrom family again! It did not hit my reports yet but i will update here when it does!

HOPE TO POST MORE and learn more from you all!!!

Sorry if there are typos im at work and shouldnt be doing this....Hehe....

Right, the critical thing is how it shows up on the credit reports.  

Message 2 of 16
ExplicitElicit
Established Contributor

Welcome to the forum! Congrats on your success! Hopefully your AAoA gets a nice boost!

Message 3 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes! That is the key to the door!Smiley Happy Got my fingers crossed! lol

Message 4 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you so much! Im happy to be here.Smiley Very Happy

Message 5 of 16
CH-7-Mission-Accomplished
Valued Contributor

Just curious, did they backdate the opening date on your credit reports?  I have an old closed account from the 1970s.

Message 6 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Wait what?! Nordstrom backdates?! I should be shopping there instead of Macy's lol. 

Message 7 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait what?! Nordstrom backdates?! I should be shopping there instead of Macy's lol. 

You'll pay for it dearly, lol..

Last I checked, Norstrom was a bit more expensive than Macy's.

Message 8 of 16
FocusedAndDetermined
Senior Contributor

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on your approval.

Please let us know what date appears on your reports.  Fingers crossed that you get the AAoA boost.

Message 9 of 16
chalupaman
Super Contributor

That's awesome. I never really knew what the hype was about when it comes to the Nordstrom card but it really does sound like it's one of the better store cards out there to have. Congrats.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.