cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nordstrom Backdate! Nice to meet you all!

tag
CreditUnionFan
Valued Contributor

Re: Nordstrom Backdate! Nice to meet you all!

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait what?! Nordstrom backdates?! I should be shopping there instead of Macy's lol. 

You'll pay for it dearly, lol..

Last I checked, Norstrom was a bit more expensive than Macy's.

Nordstrom Rack wasn't that bad, last I remembered.

I had a Nordstrom Visa back in the '00s and closed it due to no rewards. I wonder if I should get it reinstated?

I was going to garden... Honest!
Message 11 of 16
xnxo
Contributor

That is great news! I might try to do this.

BoA Cash Rewards $1.9k, Cap1 QS $1.1k, Amex ED $2k, Amex BCE $7.5k, Amex PRG: NPSL w/ Opt to Carry, Kohls $300, VS $2.8k, Paypal Credit $1.8K, Sears MC $4K, CareCredit $1k
12-6-13 EX FICO: 591
Current Score: EXP: 708 (FICO 1/2015) EQ: 740 (FICO 12/2014) TU: 750 (12/14/14 FAKO)
Goal score: 750 across by JAN 2018! Gardening as of AUG 21, 2017 - GOAL 12 MONTHS
Message 12 of 16
TatorTodd
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Wait what?! Nordstrom backdates?! I should be shopping there instead of Macy's lol. 

There are so many reasons for that....quality of clothes....brands...does macys offer free hemming or adjustments? Ever tried returning clothes at Macy's after 2 years? I have at Nordstrom with no questions or receipt. Their customer service is golden, beyond expectations.

NCFU Flagship(80k) DC Elite (40k) Cash Sapphire Preferred(38k) DC Premier (30k) NFCU CashRewards (25k) USAA Amex (22k) USAA MasterCard (16k) Barclay Arrival+ Elite (15k) Nordstrom (15k) BofA Rewards (12.5k) 4 Amices (50k)

As of 10/13/14
Experian: 787 - EquiFax: 798 - TU: 789
Message 13 of 16
chalupaman
Super Contributor

@TatorTodd wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

There are so many reasons for that....quality of clothes....brands...does macys offer free hemming or adjustments? Ever tried returning clothes at Macy's after 2 years? I have at Nordstrom with no questions or receipt. Their customer service is golden, beyond expectations.

I was looking at their site today and didn't understand why they are so pricy or understand what makes them stand out so much but that really cleared up a lot of things for me.

Tradelines: Macy’s - $18k, Penfed Power Cash Rewards - $10k, Ethan Allen (TD Bank) - $5.7k, Kay Jewelers - $5.5k, Appliances Connection - $5.3k, Jared - $5.25k, Best Buy (Citi) - $5k, Dell Preferred Account - $3.5k, Samsung - $3.2k, Firestone CFNA - $3.2k, Capital One Platinum - $3k, Mercury MC - $2.25k, Williams Sonoma - $2.1k, Wayfair (Fortiva) - $2k, Amazon Store Card - $1.8k, Apple Card - $1.7k, NFCU cashRewards - $1.5k, CareCredit - $1.5k, B&H Photo - $1.5k, Adorama - $1.25k, Ebay MC - $1k, Sam’s Club MC - $1k, American Eagle - $1k, Ollo MC - $600, Mission Lane Visa - $500, NY & Company - $500, Walgreens - $500, Home Depot - $500, Target RED Card - $500, CapOne Secured MC 0 AF - $500, Penfed Overdraft LOC - $500

Current FICOS: Mid 640s-50s on all reports, Ch 7 BK D/C Aug 2019
Starting scores: EX - 534, EQ - 574, TU - 516 | Total TLs: $91k approx | Total Utilization: 17%, getting this back down
Message 14 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@chalupaman wrote:

@TatorTodd wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

I was looking at their site today and didn't understand why they are so pricy or understand what makes them stand out so much but that really cleared up a lot of things for me.

Thank you everyone for the feedback, but I am WELL aware of the price range differences between the two stores. I have purchased my dress shoes from Nordstrom since I was in high school (12 years). Macy's restructured their company years ago to where each individual store can elect to carry certain brands, which makes some Macy's more high end or equal to Nordstrom, but mostly less than. 

I also shop at Bloomindale's which is on the same level as Saks Fifth, and both stores are higher end than Nordstrom and Macy's. I grew up in Nordstrom, Bloomigndale's, and Macy's because that is where my mother loved to purchase bedroom and bathroom linen and shoes. I just personally liked Macy's and Bloomindale's more for clothes than Nordstrom. Oh don't get me wrong, we still shopped at JC Penny's and other stores too. lol

Message 15 of 16
ABC123TLC
Contributor

Did this ever backdate?

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.